Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Marquez ko over Pacquiao one of the scariest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love boxing and I love KO's but when I see a guy go to sleep it really bothers me. I love Manny Pac but because of the whole Manny-Floyd stuff I lost the fanboyism for him. But seeing fighters motionless is scary. Manny's KO, Hatton's and Roy versus Glenn Johnson affected me the most.

Jeremy Williams vs Peter and Simon Brown vs Vincent Pettway were also really bad

Comment

I was laughing from the joy of a Marquez victory over a fighter I'm not too fond of, so it wasn't in me that moment to feel scared.

One of the first thoughts that came to mind was this fixed since manny has a great chin.

I imagine fans of manny or people who are neutral towards him would have been scared.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        I was laughing from the joy of a Marquez victory over a fighter I'm not too fond of, so it wasn't in me that moment to feel scared.

One of the first thoughts that came to mind was this fixed since manny has a great chin.

I imagine fans of manny or people who are neutral towards him would have been scared.
        That ko was scary for any boxing fan to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I was in shock to be honest with you. I didn't jump up and down (even though I'm a huge Marquez fan and was rooting for him).

I just sat there like "WTF did I just see". When I saw that Pac was waved off, I was just amazed and was waiting to see the replay because from the original angle, you couldn't really see the shot clearly.
          Same here. I got excited over the KD in rd 3, but I was shocked over the KO more than anything. And several others I watched it with wanted to see the replay saying, "what the hell just happened?"

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
            Same here. I got excited over the KD in rd 3, but I was shocked over the KO more than anything. And several others I watched it with wanted to see the replay saying, "what the hell just happened?"
            Lol. Everyone was shocked!

Comment

Yeah, especially I was jumping up and down when it happened, then they turned Pac over and he was still out. That was some scary stuff and I stopped celebrating to check if he was gonna be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                It was scary to me because his arms went limp where he couldn't even brace even a lil bit, and it looked like his body was trying to push air out the way he landed. He landed like his neck might've been damaged. Glad to see he was ok. No fan base of any fighter can make me hate the fighter. I do rub some things in to certain posters, but my true pssion for the sport never wants me to see a fighter injured. They entertain us, make a living, and they know what they are geting themselves into. Sometimes fans don't understand that.
                Real talk... I feel exactly the same way. Manny's fan base is very loud and many of them straight out dumb but I could help but feel surprised and then sad Manny was KOed in such a brutal fashion. I didn't even rubbed it in their faces like they deserve. This is a boxer, one of the best of this generation who could be hurt, you can't laugh that off.

Comment

Nope, the scariest for me has to be Duran/Hearns....

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    P Williams ko wasn't scary to me. I've seen fighters get caught and land with a thud, but PAc's imo just looked different because it seemed like his neck and face landed before his body.
                    Are you serious??????? I thought P-Will was dead for a second. That was one brutal knock out. He was out before he hit the canvas and the way he landed he could've broken his neck.

The Pac KO was just as scary though. I just couldn't believe that he would lose like that. To see him out cold was very shocking. My first thought was "OH SH_IT!...Did that really happened"

Comment

Yeah for a couple of seconds I thought he might be dead. It was a fairly irrational thought really and it was only for a few seconds but I was numbed by it all the same. When they camera panned around then and he was just slumped on the canvas with his arms trapped under him. I was rooting for Marquez but it was a shocking way for the fight to end. When you get to a certain level of familiarity with a fighter, you just don't enjoy those knockouts in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                      X