X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would sonny liston do in today's division

How do you think sonny liston would do in today's heavy division,,

who beats him

He has nothing but a punchers chance against some of the B and C level heavies who are a little on the chinny and light side. Former CW's that do not possess great defensive skills.

Overall he would be easily beaten down and destroyed by virtually every serious factor in the division.

Listons career is defined by beating up bums, cruisers and losers without any exceptions. The only time he met what would be regarded today as a decent opponent he lost!

Comment

Truthfully, he would make both of the Klitschko's feel as though they'd been thrown in prison on child-molestation charges. Not pretty for fans of the brothers, who are, no doubt, the best in a sorry excuse for a division.

Skill is one thing, power is another. Sonny had both; and while he was not as big as the giants ruling the division these days, the kind of pressure he'd put on them is something neither has ever encountered successfully. He was nearly 36 when he fought Clay the first time, regardless of what his "official" age was; and had destroyed everybody for the 6 years previous.

As far as the rest of division is concerned.....did I miss something??? Is there a heavyweight division right now???? Seriously! Who, in there right mind would call this group of football rejects a heavyweight division??

I'm not even going to give credence to the suggestion that Liston would do anything but send each and every so called contender out there back to the locker room with pee stains in their jock straps. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post
        He has nothing but a punchers chance against some of the B and C level heavies who are a little on the chinny and light side. Former CW's that do not possess great defensive skills.

Overall he would be easily beaten down and destroyed by virtually every serious factor in the division.

Listons career is defined by beating up bums, cruisers and losers without any exceptions. The only time he met what would be regarded today as a decent opponent he lost!
        Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but that just sounds ridiculous. Liston cleaned out the heavyweight division before he finally got a title shot. Sonny never ducked anyone. He'd destroy most of the top heavyweights today.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but that just sounds ridiculous. Liston cleaned out the heavyweight division before he finally got a title shot. Sonny never ducked anyone. He'd destroy most of the top heavyweights today.
          That's HWeightblogger's new alt. Everyone before Lennox is a feather-fisted bum-beater in his spastic estimation.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
            Truthfully, he would make both of the Klitschko's feel as though they'd been thrown in prison on child-molestation charges. Not pretty for fans of the brothers, who are, no doubt, the best in a sorry excuse for a division.

Skill is one thing, power is another. Sonny had both; and while he was not as big as the giants ruling the division these days, the kind of pressure he'd put on them is something neither has ever encountered successfully. He was nearly 36 when he fought Clay the first time, regardless of what his "official" age was; and had destroyed everybody for the 6 years previous.

As far as the rest of division is concerned.....did I miss something??? Is there a heavyweight division right now???? Seriously! Who, in there right mind would call this group of football rejects a heavyweight division??

I'm not even going to give credence to the suggestion that Liston would do anything but send each and every so called contender out there back to the locker room with pee stains in their jock straps. Please.

I have to say I agree with this. We'll never know how good the klitchko bros are because tbe divisions been dead.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post

Comment

I think Liston would beat everyone out there, not named klits,,,

I think the klits skill and size would prevail over liston...
                One thing that people dont give credit to the klits for is their footwork,, for being such big guys they are very nimble on their feet, and that causes them to avoid alot of the big shots for other heavys....

I would love to see
                liston-aerrola
                liston-fury
                liston-haye
                liston-stiverne

Those are all great action fights,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I think Liston would beat everyone out there, not named klits,,,

I think the klits skill and size would prevail over liston...
                  One thing that people dont give credit to the klits for is their footwork,, for being such big guys they are very nimble on their feet, and that causes them to avoid alot of the big shots for other heavys....

I would love to see
                  liston-aerrola
                  liston-fury
                  liston-haye
                  liston-stiverne

Those are all great action fights,,,,
                  It's easy to get caught up in the size game until one realizes that Liston had a longer reach than both Klitschko brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    It's easy to get caught up in the size game until one realizes that Liston had a longer reach than both Klitschko brothers.
                    Are you sure about that,,,, can you give the measurements for each please,,

I didnt realize that,,, I still think that klits jab would neutralize liston,

How do you think a fight would go down between them.....

Comment

Working...
                    X