Dwyer's view of Maidana Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwyer's view of Maidana Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z_K12R_g7A

I found this very interesting . Especially when you consider how flattering Dwyer has been about Khan in the past.
    I have found Dwyer to be one of the better prediction makers on Youtube more often right than wrong. IMO Khan needs to take out Maidana very fast Salita style to win this as sooner or later Maidana will take him into unknown brutal territory and I don't think Khan has what it takes to live there.

I agree with most of that.

it comes down to khan having to finish maidana before he gets close enough to land, and tbh i havent seen that kind of stopping power from khan.

i'm leaning more and more towards maidana

Comment

He makes some intretsing points. I think that a bet to make money on would be going with Maidana by TKO

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket Science View Post
          cheers bro

Comment

Dwyer has made plenty of correct predictions before and even predicted Pirog beating Danny Jacobs.

This dude is not to be underestimated, he makes very carefully judged predictions.

I am still backing Amir Khan to win, and although I don't even have a quarter of knowledge that Dwyer possesses, I think Dwyer is forgetting that Amir Khan was very weak at lightweight and I believe he is a much stronger fighter at 140. He was also caught cold by Prescott who is a puncher and those shots would have damaged quite a lot of fighters.

There is also no clear reference of Amir Khan getting stunned badly against anybody at 140 and so I believe we can only make a clear judgement after he gets hit by a solid shot to his chin by Maidana.

I hope Dwyer is wrong but I guess it will be a must watch fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
              Dwyer has made plenty of correct predictions before and even predicted Pirog beating Danny Jacobs.

This dude is not to be underestimated, he makes very carefully judged predictions.

I am still backing Amir Khan to win, and although I don't even have a quarter of knowledge that Dwyer possesses, I think Dwyer is forgetting that Amir Khan was very weak at lightweight and I believe he is a much stronger fighter at 140. He was also caught cold by Prescott who is a puncher and those shots would have damaged quite a lot of fighters.

There is also no clear reference of Amir Khan getting stunned badly against anybody at 140 and so I believe we can only make a clear judgement after he gets hit by a solid shot to his chin by Maidana.

I hope Dwyer is wrong but I guess it will be a must watch fight.
              Dwyer, Does say there is a chance of a Khan KO also and if it does go to points which he does not see really happening khan will win.
              The line that Khan has not been wobbled at 140 and therefore his chin is better is not sound thinking . He has fought no one at 140 that can bang and remember 140s hit harder than 135s.There is plenty of evidence other than the Prescott KO to show his chin is fragile. The "jab" Precott threw that got Khan's back leg twitching is a clear sign he can't take a punch. His PR machine go on and on about how the Prescott hooks would have finished off all the other 140s also and the chin is not a problem. Only gullible,sucker fools buy that.
              Maidana can be knocked down but he gets up and Ortiz hits much harder than Khan . Khan needs to catch Maidana cold and take him out early despite being a good offensive boxer Khan's defense is not that good I don't see him being slippery enough to avoid being hit and Maidana must really fancy his chances. This is a much easier fight for him than an Ortiz rematch and Khan has messed him around for a long time with the ducking moves and Maidana must be heavily motivated to beat to him must seem a protected spoilt show pony.

Comment

Good vid,this is a 50-50 fight for me and the outcome is hard to predict,anyone who thinks its cut and dry is simply ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
                  Dwyer, Does say there is a chance of a Khan KO also and if it does go to points which he does not see really happening khan will win.
                  The line that Khan has not been wobbled at 140 and therefore his chin is better is not sound thinking . He has fought no one at 140 that can bang and remember 140s hit harder than 135s.There is plenty of evidence other than the Prescott KO to show his chin is fragile. The "jab" Precott threw that got Khan's back leg twitching is a clear sign he can't take a punch. His PR machine go on and on about how the Prescott hooks would have finished off all the other 140s also and the chin is not a problem. Only gullible,sucker fools buy that.
                  Maidana can be knocked down but he gets up and Ortiz hits much harder than Khan . Khan needs to catch Maidana cold and take him out early despite being a good offensive boxer Khan's defense is not that good I don't see him being slippery enough to avoid being hit and Maidana must really fancy his chances. This is a much easier fight for him than an Ortiz rematch and Khan has messed him around for a long time with the ducking moves and Maidana must be heavily motivated to beat to him must seem a protected spoilt show pony.
                  I did not say Khan has a better chin now that he is at 140. All that I stated was he is much stronger at this weight class. OK we all know he has not fought anybody with any real power since Prescott and we all have to wait and see how his chin is coping because Maidana is sure to land a lot of hard shots and that is when we can make a distinct judgement on Khans capabilities to take punches to his chin.

And how did you come to the conclusion that Ortiz is a harder puncher than Amir Khan? There is absolutely no evidence that shows Ortiz being the harder puncher and it just looks like you are adding bs to make your points seem more favorable for Maidana.

And what fight were you watching when you claim that Khan's back leg was twitching when he got hit by Prescott's 'Jab'? It was clearly a left hook that got Khan twitching and as much as you would love to fabricate bs to make your points, those left hooks weren't meant to just tickle Khan's chin. Those shots would have caught many fighters when they are still cold.

You obviously have a thing for Amir Khan and you can not hide your feelings under your sugar coating.

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
                    And how did you come to the conclusion that Ortiz is a harder puncher than Amir Khan? There is absolutely no evidence that shows Ortiz being the harder puncher and it just looks like you are adding bs to make your points seem more favorable for Maidana.

And what fight were you watching when you claim that Khan's back leg was twitching when he got hit by Prescott's 'Jab'? It was clearly a left hook that got Khan twitching and as much as you would love to fabricate bs to make your points, those left hooks weren't meant to just tickle Khan's chin. Those shots would have caught many fighters when they are still cold.

Get in the real world in stead of sugar coated Khan spin dream land . How CAN YOU NOT see that Ortiz hits harder than Khan. Khan is faster but listen to the heavy thuds of Ortiz and is obvious to anybody with and idea that Ortiz is the heavier hitter.

Go to 33 on this video of Khan Prescott and watch the effect of the jab. Lets see YOU fabricate your way out of that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shUqYIkMXu0

Comment

Working...
                    X