No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salgado Eyed Barros KO, Says Gamboa is a 'Dream Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salgado Eyed Barros KO, Says Gamboa is a 'Dream Fight'

IBF super featherweight champion Juan Carlos Salgado (26-1-1, 16KOs) was trying to get a knockout victory last Saturday night in Puebla against Jonathan Barros. Salgado won a twelve round unanimous decision with scores of 115-112, 116-111 and 116-111. He was happy to fight someone with so much experience. Barros' only defeats came at the hands of Yuriorkis Gamboa and Celestino Caballero.

[Click Here To Read More]

I like this fight and you have to respect Gamboa for facing a tough opponent.

people are going to write off Salgado because Gamboa is such a beast but Salgado has proven he can handle hand speed against Linares. Gamboa does have some chin questions and he doesn't have one Salgado has a chance.

I like Gamboa to win but it's a great fight, TMT doing it right.

Comment

there are questions about gamboa's chin? 2 or 3 of those knockdowns were either slips or shouldn't be counted. I remember the 3rd knockdown, he got elbowed in the face first which put him off balance and then the follow up punch put him down. Even in that knockdown he wasn't hurt. He got up right away.

you can question his balance, but guys that move around as fast as he does are prone to getting knocked down once in a while when someone catches him off balance. There's nothing wrong with his chin, I don't recall him ever being hurt. Further to this, it's arguable whether or not he even lost the rounds that he got knocked down in.

I don't think there's really anything wrong with his chin as he's never been hurt. It's like Sergio Martinez, he gets caught off balance sometimes and gets knocked down but he's never hurt from it so it's not a question of a weak chin. It's just one of those things that happens when you're flying around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
        there are questions about gamboa's chin? 2 or 3 of those knockdowns were either slips or shouldn't be counted. I remember the 3rd knockdown, he got elbowed in the face first which put him off balance and then the follow up punch put him down. Even in that knockdown he wasn't hurt. He got up right away.

you can question his balance, but guys that move around as fast as he does are prone to getting knocked down once in a while when someone catches him off balance. There's nothing wrong with his chin, I don't recall him ever being hurt. Further to this, it's arguable whether or not he even lost the rounds that he got knocked down in.

I don't think there's really anything wrong with his chin as he's never been hurt. It's like Sergio Martinez, he gets caught off balance sometimes and gets knocked down but he's never hurt from it so it's not a question of a weak chin. It's just one of those things that happens when you're flying around the ring.
        Great comment...also there is a video on YouTube named El estilo gamboa where they analyzed all the knockout that he revived and u can see in slow motion that he was off balance in all of them..he never been hurt actually after when he got up right away he knock down his opponents with some insane mad speed and power..

Comment

Ready to see Gamboa back in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey
            I like this fight and you have to respect Gamboa for facing a tough opponent.

people are going to write off Salgado because Gamboa is such a beast but Salgado has proven he can handle hand speed against Linares. Gamboa does have some chin questions and he doesn't have one Salgado has a chance.

I like Gamboa to win but it's a great fight, TMT doing it right.
            Linares is weak comparison to Gamboa. How did Salgado handle Uchiyama?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Gamboa should take this fight easy....than go for Broner that would be a mad, crazy contrast of styles that I would buy in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Linares is weak comparison to Gamboa. How did Salgado handle Uchiyama?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

maybe you didn't see that fight here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nhhelRzsAQ

holding someone behind the head and then uppercutting them???

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post

that's a great point. I think main difference is Martinez actually has a good defense, you doing see him taking too many flush shots. Gamboa doesn't really have a defense to speak of, he just over powers everybody. if comes flying into a shot off balance it's a TKO waiting to happen.

hard to disagree with anything else you said though

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                    maybe you didn't see that fight here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nhhelRzsAQ

holding someone behind the head and then uppercutting them???
                    I did watch the fight, I don't need to rewatch it. I dont think the uppercut KOed Salgado. But it did get everything started... POSSIBLY. I could've sworn Salgado was doing his share of dirtyness as well? Don't be mad bro. Salgado was losing the fight anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X