No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Still Gives Mayweather The Edge on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Still Gives Mayweather The Edge on Pacquiao

Oscar De La Hoya hopes Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao finally fight just as much as anyone.

His company, Golden Boy Promotions, works with Mayweather and stands to make millions if Mayweather and Pacquiao ever agree to meet in what likely would be the most lucrative event in boxing history. Mayweather makes it known whenever he gets the opportunity that he doesn’t like De La Hoya personally, but “The Golden Boy” still thinks the undefeated five-division champion would beat the Filipino superstar.
    [Click Here To Read More]

2 years ago I like Mayweather beating Pac but now I have Pac winning, but not by knockout like most expert sees... It would be a close fight, Pac will go Castillo on Mayweather but with more aggression

Comment

In 2012 i don't feel age is an issue anymore depending on how you look after yourself. More & more athletes are fighting/playing etc until late 30s these days.

Comment

pac is slipping anyways ..this fight would have made more sense if it happened in 2010. it's a little late now.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          pac is slipping anyways ..this fight would have made more sense if it happened in 2010. it's a little late now.
          I think it's funny that people say things like "Floyd is waiting for him to get old" and "Pacquiao is past prime now" even though Mayweather is older than him, has been less active, and is just about to get out of jail. People already have built-in excuses just in case they do square off and Mayweather embarrasses him. In my opinion it really makes no difference when they fight or could've fought. It would be the same result regardless. Mayweather is just in a different league skill-wise and would counter the **** out of Manny and then brutally knock him out. Unfortunately Bob Arum knows this very well and will never let it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
            2 years ago I like Mayweather beating Pac but now I have Pac winning, but not by knockout like most expert sees... It would be a close fight, Pac will go Castillo on Mayweather but with more aggression
            I would like to know what "expert" has pac winning by KO?

Comment

They both are out of their primes now anyway. Floyd really needs to retire soon. Don't want another Roy Jones moment. I really don't care about this fight anymore anyway. Sick of hearing and talking about it. I'm more excited about the newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                I think it's funny that people say things like "Floyd is waiting for him to get old" and "Pacquiao is past prime now" even though Mayweather is older than him, has been less active, and is just about to get out of jail. People already have built-in excuses just in case they do square off and Mayweather embarrasses him. In my opinion it really makes no difference when they fight or could've fought. It would be the same result regardless. Mayweather is just in a different league skill-wise and would counter the **** out of Manny and then brutally knock him out. Unfortunately Bob Arum knows this very well and will never let it happen.
                He is waiting for something........and that's the consensus amongst anyone who is a d1ckrider like yourself.

I really wish Floyd had as much belief in his abilities as fans such as yourself. Too bad he doesn't and will now use the Bradley excuse as a reason not to fight Manny.

Comment

You need to get your eyes checked, Oscar. Floyd isn't faster than Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                    the fact that pac has been more active shortens the amount of time he is in his prime...just look at all the wars pac has been in and the punishment his body has taken. look at pac in the post fight conference against margarito and how worn and beaten up he was..hell even after the cotto fight he was all busted up. floyd has been fighting once a year and as a result hasn't had the same wear and tear that pac has. all those wars pac has been in i think is finally catching up to him now...

Comment

Working...
                    X