Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Matthyse Washed up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he looked fine, just was too careless of Molina's power.

Comment

I'll give Molina's power the credit for now, but I'm worried that his chin is going. Otherwise he looked fine.

Comment

Not washed up no, but would he beat garcia in a rematch, no. I don't think so. In fact i'd say garcia would probably beat him even more clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          Not washed up no, but would he beat garcia in a rematch, no. I don't think so. In fact i'd say garcia would probably beat him even more clearly.
          Very possible.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wring but I don't remember Matthysse fighting anyone with that sort of range before. For the two knockdowns he was caught at an awkward angle with downward blows to the side of the head. It looked to be as much balance as it was Molina's power. He didn't look that hurt, but he did seem to go down very easily under both shots, especially the second.

Overall though, he did dominate the fight. Outside of the two knockdown rounds, you could argue he won almost every other minute of the bout. He landed much more and he just beat Molina down in the end. It's just that Molina didn't crumple under his power, and it was Matthysse who was more visibly effected by the big shots.

It's that rather than the knockdowns themselves that surprised me. He was clearly stung by a fairly standard straight right in the 1st in a way that he hasn't been clearly hurt before. And it's a question of whether you think that's because Molina is the sort of long, rangy puncher he hasn't faced before, or it's because his chin is suspect.

Everything apart from that was the usual Matthysse to be honest.

Comment

... Better ask Danny if Lucas is washed up or not...
              ... If Danny thinks that Lucas is washed up then he'd immediately take the rematch and put Lucas out of his misery once for good... Right?

Comment

Some people here. fuk.
                He goes up against a guy that was willing to get murdered in the ring, gets KD twice, one of of them a clear hook to the back of the head FFS, comes back like a freaking machine to end in a blood batch fight, covered in blood, I mean literally hammering the guy into the canvas like a nail with those hammer fists. Did people see Molina in the KO? The guy was beaten into submision.
                But what do Gift fans see? He's washed up!
                If Blood Bad Matthysse is washed up after a very hard earned KO victory, what is Gift after his sissy ass loss to Herrera? Clearly losing and walking away with the offcial W with a sht eating grin. What do you call that?

Comment

Nope, Molina's obviously a huge puncher at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by LWO View Post
                    Nope, Molina's obviously a huge puncher at 140.
                    I didn't know Molina was packing that kind of power. Lucas was careless and if he fights a better fighter it can hurt him.

Comment

Dumb question.

Comment

Working...
                      X