Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali saying Jack Dempsey is a joke yet Marciano would be a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
    Because Marciano really was that great. ****** haters will not admit it but here even one of the greatest Heavyweights of all time acknowledged Rocky, because you can only truly understand his greatness if you've been in the ring yourself. Ali, Foreman, Frazier etc rate the Rock very highly.
    All you listed were kids when rocky was champion, of course they looked up to him and rate him high. Jack Dempsy lost to man slower than Ali, but Ali and tunney had similar styles so its easy to tell who'd win.

This interview was done after Rockys death and of course he wasnt going to flat out destroy him verbally. When they show the footage of rock fighting ezzy he starts going off on how Rocky fought old men, hitting on top of the head...

Comment

its easy for people to say a champion was not good, especially when they dont have t get in the ring with them.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
        All you listed were kids when rocky was champion, of course they looked up to him and rate him high. Jack Dempsy lost to man slower than Ali, but Ali and tunney had similar styles so its easy to tell who'd win.
        Personally I say that was post-prime Dempsey but Ali is a different fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post

This interview was done after Rockys death and of course he wasnt going to flat out destroy him verbally. When they show the footage of rock fighting ezzy he starts going off on how Rocky fought old men, hitting on top of the head...
          Yea thats what I always thought, he was being nice because Rocky had just died.

Comment

I am much more impressed with Marciano than I am of Dempsey. so I dont blame Ali for saying such.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
              Personally I say that was post-prime Dempsey but Ali is a different fighter.
              Obviously was, he was way faster before. Thats what hollywood does to fighters, makes them lose their next fight lol.

Comment

you can't really use stuff like "Ali looked bad against so and so" Every fighter looks bad at some point, if its a direct style match up that's a little different. It's pretty easy to make a list of lesser names that Rocky struggled with as well.

Comment

Whoooo! Baby...... Ali would have owned em both, by also getting battered in the process.. Probably both DC's...

Comment

I think Ali would have had more trouble with Dempsey because of Dempsey's awesome left hook. Ali got knocked down and hurt with left hooks mostly.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...0329666&sr=1-1

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X