No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito Contradicts Himself Time And Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Margarito Contradicts Himself Time And Again

He sounds contrdictory, your promoter picks the fights but then you call out Berto's name? Of all the welters the smallest and the least experienced, go figure. Doesnt bring up Santo's name as a big puncher someone who hurt and wobbled you in both fights, then says he had a bad night against Paul Williams but at first said it was a robbery.

ESPN CHAT with Antonio Margarito
    Guero (palatine, IL): Antonio who are the 3 fighters u want to fight this year?

Antonio Margarito: I don't really pick and choose who I fight. My promoters usually handle that. I just want to fight the champions like Andre Berto.

Antwuan (Florida): Who's the biggest puncher you ever been in the ring with?

Antonio Margarito: I think the hardest punchers that I have fought are Alfredo Akama and Danny Perez.

Brian, Detroit: Hey Antonio, good luck this weekend. Are you looking to avenge your loss to Paul Williams?

Antonio Margarito: I hope to fight him again at welterweight. I had a bad night the last time we met, but I know if we fight again that I can beat him.

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    He sounds contrdictory, your promoter picks the fights but then you call out Berto's name? Of all the welters the smallest and the least experienced, go figure. Doesnt bring up Santo's name as a big puncher someone who hurt and wobbled you in both fights, then says he had a bad night against Paul Williams but at first said it was a robbery.

Antonio Margarito: I don't really pick and choose who I fight. My promoters usually handle that. I just want to fight the champions like Andre Berto.

Antonio Margarito: I think the hardest punchers that I have fought are Alfredo Akama and Danny Perez.

Brian, Detroit: Hey Antonio, good luck this weekend. Are you looking to avenge your loss to Paul Williams?

Antonio Margarito: I hope to fight him again at welterweight. I had a bad night the last time we met, but I know if we fight again that I can beat him.
    Floyd Duck Margarito End of Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

People have this perception of boxers that all they care about is training and fighting and that money is just a fringe benefit. That might be true with Rocky and before the modern era of boxing where no one was making any real money, but not anymore.

Margarito understands that he's almost done with his career and that he can't continue to get hit the way that he does. He got his first taste of big money with Cotto and he liked it.

Comment

Bhop, once you learn everyone over the age of 12 is a hypocrite, it will serve you well in your journey through life.

Comment

he didnt mention clottey.... he was gettin his ass spanked til clottey hurt his hand... and had he lost that fight he wouldnt be in the position he's in today

Comment

When you will you make a thread about the guy in your avi contradicting himself time and time again?

Comment

I'm starting to believe you're a flawless alt. You are reaching beyond stupidity level. Your hate I mean love for margarito is starting to control your life, seek help immediately! Pop quiz who has fought more top 10 ww's than any other ww in the division? Which current ww has faced all top 4 ranked opponents below him in the ring rankings???????

now shut up you're getting annoying. Go do some homework, don't you have some kind of science project due?

Comment

"to be the best you have to beat the best"

then why didn't he fight Kostya, Margarito, or Cotto ????

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                  he didnt mention clottey.... he was gettin his ass spanked til clottey hurt his hand... and had he lost that fight he wouldnt be in the position he's in today
                  he already beat clottey. UD as a fact it's funny that clottey himself said he had a bruised knuckle that didn't affect him at all yet people come in here and say he hurt his hand i heard another poster said he broke his hand and a different say he hurt both his hands Not to mention margarito had only fought like 6 rounds in almost two years was coming of almost a year lay off fought on a heavily wrapped ankle and still UD'd clottey You're a joke of a poster!

Comment

Where is the contradiction?

All I see is an answered question.

He was asked who he would like to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X