Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thrilla in Manilla the ultimate fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrilla in Manilla the ultimate fight...

Will we ever see another fight like that ever? I was just old enough to remember it (was 8) It still ranks as the ultimate clash between two adversaries I've ever seen, and I mean any sport. None of the eras since have produced anything as dramatic, intense or riveting. For me the greatest fight of all time.

The amount of effort and heart on show beggars belief... it almost pours through the screen.

Comment

Watching it live must have been incredible.

Comment

Personally I think it's very arguable the first Frazier-Ali fight was better, but I understand I'm in the minority there.

No doubt that the Thrilla in Manilla deserves all the praise it gets. Just an unbelievable fight enhanced by the circumstances surrounding it.

Comment

Good thread post! I was just talkin bout the first and 3rd fight at work

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
            Watching it live must have been incredible.

It was. The thing that most stuck in my mind was Ali slumped on his stool when Joe didn't come out for round 15. I was an Ali fan mostly but after that I knew Joe was so tough and he became a hero also. Age 8, mind blowing to watch.

Comment

I curse my luck of growing up in the 90's with a horrible generation of youngters....great boxing though.

I wish id have grown up in the 60's - 70's. Fights got made and as a lifelong boxing fan, my mind may just have ****ing exploded.

Comment

Working...
              X