Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top fighters finding power late in careers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"PED's can't make you punch harder, it's the technique"?

Lol, I guess PED's can't make you hit baseballs harder either, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Rafael Palmeiro et. al all just changed their swings....

GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Good example, he came to mind when I was writing this as well.
      I though of Sergio Martinez too but if you really think about it, he's never been a great puncher. A very good solid puncher, but not a great puncher. Don't let the knock-out of Williams fool you. That was a perfect punch right on the button. Who else has Martinez knocked out cold? Nobody really.

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
        PEDs don't increase your baseline punching power. You're misinformed.

PEDs make you punch harder in later rounds because you have more gas in the tank to invest into the shots. If you're still hitting as hard in the 12th as you are in the 1st, and your opponent (who isn't on PEDs) has diminished punching power because he lacks the energy to invest into his shots, you're going to KO him. It's all about perception.
        It's physics. Mass and speed. Look it up.

A fighter with more mass and speed with already good technique will have more power than a fighter with the same technique with less mass and speed. That's one of the reasons all boxers don't have the same punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Sprinters run faster on peds lol, this guy just said steroids won't make a significant difference in speed.

I honestly believe Pacquiao is clean, I am suspicious of Floyd because he has that take one to know one attitude where he deflects what he is onto others, he might be on HGH if anything, and JMM is the most suspicious of the bunch and the Acne at 40 when he has never had acne in his life is suspect. Chael Sonnen started getting Body Acne when he was taking TRT and steroids, and he is a known user and even he can tell JMM is on roids because he uses the stuff himself.

Taking PEDS can improve the power immensely, especially when you have perfect punch technique like JMM.

In his third fight with Pacman he was huge and bulky making him slower and not giving him much fluidity because he was too buff, in the fourth fight Memo used different peds to help him retain the fluidity in his punch but maintain the muscularity and power. He was lean and muscular.

Baseball hitters get more homeruns with peds, because like JMM they have perfect technique on their swings, so the extra steroids help boost their power on their swing giving them more homers.

Also pitchers can throw faster with Peds.
          You guys aren't getting it. I know that PEDs increase speed but I've already said sprinting is a totally different ballgame to throwing punches. If you throw your fastest single punch right now, there is little weight/resistance. PEDs won't increase your speed strength appreciably. For those that don't know speed strength is the ability to move quickly when there is little external resistance (in this case air and a glove and the weight of your body). The main benefit sprinters get is from explosive strength, which is used particularly at the start of the race when there is significant resistance during the acceleration phase. While peds will help in the maximal speed phase, the effect will be marginal at best. To reiterate, taking peds won't turn someone into a knockout puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
            I though of Sergio Martinez too but if you really think about it, he's never been a great puncher. A very good solid puncher, but not a great puncher. Don't let the knock-out of Williams fool you. That was a perfect punch right on the button. Who else has Martinez knocked out cold? Nobody really.
            He hit Barker with a right hook and knocked him out and he even partially blocked it...........

That said, I'm not accusing him of PED's, I'm just saying.

Comment

You guys aren't getting it. I know that PEDs increase speed but I've already said sprinting is a totally different ballgame to throwing punches. If you throw your fastest single punch right now, there is little weight/resistance. PEDs won't increase your speed strength appreciably. For those that don't know speed strength is the ability to move quickly when there is little external resistance (in this case air and a glove and the weight of your body). The main benefit sprinters get is from explosive strength, which is used particularly at the start of the race when there is significant resistance during the acceleration phase. While peds will help in the maximal speed phase, the effect will be marginal at best. To reiterate, taking peds won't turn someone into a knockout puncher.
              It all depends on how close a fighter already is to being a KO puncher naturally I suppose.

Comment

I'd love for you to tell Victor Conte or any PED expert online this

Didn't you read what I said JMM punch technique was great, so add Peds in he becomes an even harder puncher.

Paulie punching technique is horrendous he throws flicking arm shots, doesn't get any leverage on his shots so of course he won't be a power puncher.

But technique plus Roids = more power.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  I'd love for you to tell Victor Conte or any PED expert online this

Didn't you read what I said JMM punch technique was great, so add Peds in he becomes an even harder puncher.

Paulie punching technique is horrendous he throws flicking arm shots, doesn't get any leverage on his shots so of course he won't be a power puncher.

But technique plus Roids = more power.
                  I have to agree with this statement and I think it's pretty obvious.

Saying otherwise would be like a saying a smart running back who is less athletic could do better than a smart, more athletic running back.

It just doesn't make sense.

Comment

you seriously, seriously have no idea what you are talking about, it's hilarious, but also pretty sad how ignorant and clueless one can be

i'd explain it all, but i have on numerous occassions, the way i see it at this point, the more people like you the better for my career

Comment

hulkquez .

Comment

Working...
                      X