Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Now Targets a Nick Diaz Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd love to see diaz work rjj in a mma match.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
      diaz vz jones should be easy work for jones because diaz is a come forward boxer. silva vs jones would have been interesting because silva moves his feet and head. diaz would be target practice for jones.
      Negative! easy work for Diaz. It's an MMA fight not boxing. You think Diaz is going to stand toe to toe and box? Diaz easily takes him down and submits him in 1 round.

Comment

I remember watching Roy Jones in his prime, he was exquisite and his reflexes were like liquid lightning. He was a sight to behold, back then I wondered who would ever beat such a special fighter and now look what he's reduced himself to, throwing his name in with pathetic UFC fighters. Jesus how the mighty have fallen.

But this is the nature of decline, when you rise so high you that much further to fall.

Comment

NICK DIAZ has great boxing skills and showed it many times. BJ PEN has great skills too,NICK beat his ass boxing a lot in their crazy fight. CAN BE A GOOD ONE TO WATCH INDEED.

Comment

Roy....please....stop

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno View Post
              44-year-old former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. (57-8, 40KOs) is still motivated to face a recognizable name from the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.

For years, Jones was pondering the possibility of facing former UFC champion Anderson Silva (33-6 in MMA, 16-2 in the UFC).

On Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Jones was sitting ringside and witnessed his dream of a Silva fight go up in smoke when Silva was stopped in the second round by Chris Weidman (11-0). [Click Here To Read More]
              MMA fighters always go toe to toe with eachother but put an old boxer in front of them and they have no stand up game at all. Ankle grabbing time for Diaz.

Comment

I do belive it's a boxing match Roy is trying to negotiate for.

I like what Roy is doing. A few boxers, most notably "James Lights Out Tony", got embarassed in the MMA cage, so I think it's fair time we see an MMA fighter step the **** up into the boxing ring and stop talking like they are the superiors. Boxing owes MMA a one sided embarassing "you don't belong in the ring" sort of beating and I hope RJJ vs a slower, come forward, no defence Nick Diaz will give us just that.

Comment

fck the haters,,,

If roy and diaz fight boxing or mma,,, Im watching,, Its entertainment people, quit taking it so serious,, It has no baring in the real world of mma or boxing,, Its just a freakshow fight, nothing more n nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                    Negative! easy work for Diaz. It's an MMA fight not boxing. You think Diaz is going to stand toe to toe and box? Diaz easily takes him down and submits him in 1 round.
                    Negative. Its a boxing not MMA. Yes i do think Diaz will stand toe to toe with him just like he does with everyone else.

Did you even read any of the RJJ boxing vs MMA article?

Comment

Roy is clearly just fighting for fun now. Unless he has some massive gambling debt it just makes no sense. He has a good hbo commentating job, how can he be that hurt for money.

Comment

Working...
                      X