Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Freddie Roach really a good trainer??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, clearly. He's trained a lot of good fighters and played a large part in making Manny Pacquiao an ATG fighter. He's an excellent trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Is this really what the level of conversation here has degraded to?

The man's trained 27 current and former world champions, FFS.
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
        Are u really breathing the same air as the rest of humanity?
        How Can We Breathe Air if Our Lungs Aren't Real?

Comment

hes a good trainer but i cant see him continuing in 2-3 years unfortunately. parkinsons is rapidly deteriorating him.

Comment

yea he is good

comes up with good strategies

but has been wrong in predicting what opponent is gonna do, he thought ruenrog wouldnt fight like he did but to me it was obvious he would, he even said he didnt see him fight like that on tape, the 2 fights i saw on him he did

same with bradley - he thought bradley would come forward first fight and run second fight - it was opposite, but pac correctly predicted it

and did he teach ruslan head movement, jab, body punching and straight shots? i hope he did, ruslan may have just neglected it in the fight

Comment

He is good but I think he is very one dimensional trainer and also overrated as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                yea he is good

comes up with good strategies

but has been wrong in predicting what opponent is gonna do, he thought ruenrog wouldnt fight like he did but to me it was obvious he would, he even said he didnt see him fight like that on tape, the 2 fights i saw on him he did

same with bradley - he thought bradley would come forward first fight and run second fight - it was opposite, but pac correctly predicted it

and did he teach ruslan head movement, jab, body punching and straight shots? i hope he did, ruslan may have just neglected it in the fight
                He didn't train Ruslan for the Matthysse fight, I don't think, and Ruslan is a limited fighter. There's only so much you can do with him.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                  Apart from the fanatically gifted Manny Pacquaio who else has he ever really developed or even improved? Cotto looked exactly the same, maybe the footwork was just a drop better than under Pedro Diaz and Manny Steward, Amir Khan didnt really look like he learnt anything other than to jump in go wild and jump out sometimes with guard down and chin in the air.

I strongly feel he's going to tell Manny to go all out for the KO in the first 6 rounds and strangely I believe that is the perfect gameplan to win this fight, just Freddie really isnt as great as people think...
                  hes a great offensive trainer but defense isnt his specialty

Comment

If he wasn't a good trainer boxers like Cotto, Oscar and Toney and many more, would not hire him as their trainer.

Comment

If he has an offensive fighter he can really help him. No different than Stewart with tall fighters, it was his specialty

Comment

Working...
                      X