• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
    I didn't know Borat was a boxing fan.
    haha true, he stalks every successful athlete

Comment

Originally posted by EDOMITESLAYER View Post
      HE'S TALKING ABOUT ACTUALY SUPPORT, WE know alot of people love him here, but look at ricky hattons fans. Not even in the same league as mayweather, but they love hatton, even after he lost! Look at manny, his fans in the philipines love him, and support him 100% But mayweather just like ali fought in the olympics, and his country doesnt support him like they would say if he was white. Its a race thing, look at the klitschos, no one in tehir country is harping about david haye knocking either of them out.

MAYWEATHER TOLD YA'LL ONCE, IF HE WAS WHITE, HE WOLD BE SECOND ONLY TO GOD.
      BS. a douche bag is a douche bag.

Comment

people love a rags to riches from a poor country tale.... plain and simple, has nothing to do with being american or not

Comment

Originally posted by EDOMITESLAYER View Post
          Its a race thing, look at the klitschos, no one in their country is harping about david haye knocking either of them out.

MAYWEATHER TOLD YA'LL ONCE, IF HE WAS WHITE, HE WOLD BE SECOND ONLY TO GOD.
          This would make some kind of sense if America didn't support the following:
          • Roy Jones Jr.
          • Mike Tyson
          • Sugar Ray Leonard
          • George Foreman
          • Evander Holyfield
          • Marvin Hagler
          • Tommy Hearns
          • Manny Pacquiao
          • Oscar De La Hoya
          • Julio Cesar Chavez
          • Roberto Duran
          • Tito Trinidad
          • James Toney
          • Kobe Bryant
          • Michael Jordan
          • Magic Johnson
          • Lebron James
          • Emmit Smith
          • Adrien Peterson
          • Deon Sanders
          • Allen Iverson
          • Shaq

And that's just naming a few NON White folks that seemed to be pretty well embraced even after a few of them had some things happen in their personal lives that would destroy many careers.

If the Klitschko brothers were black and from America they would be far more popular but they still wouldn't be at a Tyson/Holyfield level because they're not all that entertaining. So does this mean America is more racist against Ukrainians than black people? It's all so convoluted.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of racist white people out there that hate Floyd because he's a black guy with a big mouth but that's a small percentage compared to how many people simply don't find him very entertaining inside the ring.

Oh and for the record, if you don't think Mike Tyson, Michael Jordon, Sugar Ray Leonard or a few of those other guys were hailed by America as "second only to god" in their day you must be 15 years old. Hell, Lebron is pretty much at that point right now. You should see the way people react when someone says Durant might end up better than him on message boards.

Comment

For the most part Floyd is right. Americans don't support their own because we are such a diverse country. We have people from all different countries and many of them will still support their other countrymen. As for the people that were born here, well we have a lot of athletes and sports so it gets spaced out. This isn't like PR where there is like a few big fighters to get behind, we have a ton and boxing is one of very many sports in America. As for May, I am white and I am American and I support him.

Comment

Working...
            X