No announcement yet.

To you Euro boxing heads, Konecny vs Baysangurov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To you Euro boxing heads, Konecny vs Baysangurov

Do you think Baysangurov's chin will hold up against Konecny? or with that matter, I've heard that Konecny is a very underrated body puncher too.
    I've seen limited footage of each (2 fights a piece) and don't have time to watch more until tomorrow night/Sat morning.

Also, thoughts on the fight? Long time coming for the WBO and Konecny

Like Golovkin Baysangurov is with K2 and is working with Abel Sanchez now, i think they're trying to turn him into more of a boxer. He's a legit top 10 JMW and i bet would beat Vanes for example. Konecny is a very good combination puncher, amazing chin, good power and like you said a punishing body puncher.

I could see Baysangurov trying to box for the first few rounds with Lukas pressuring and by the middle rounds his body attack minimizing Baysangurov's movement. Mid fight Konecny starts really doing some damage and somewhere between 8-12 he gets the stoppage. If he makes the mistake of trying to trade with Lukas in the pocket he will get stopped earlier, i have a hard time seeing Baysangurov going the distance. This is a fight you don't want to miss and should have some great action both ways.
    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Konecny isn't a big puncher but he has some excellent boxing skills (he deserved to win a close decision over Dzinziruk).

He'll win by decision unless Baysangurov has improved.

Comment

You guys think konecny can get a fair shake in Ukraine?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Konecny isn't a big puncher but he has some excellent boxing skills (he deserved to win a close decision over Dzinziruk).

You think Konecny will be able to at least KD Baysangurov when that french guy ( I think his name was Soro) was able to?

Comment

Iv seen at least a dozen of his fights and yes he has good power. His % is not something to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Iv seen at least a dozen of his fights and yes he has good power. His % is not something to go on.
              How's his body punching? Is it as good as I heard?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                You guys think konecny can get a fair shake in Ukraine?
                No one has ever been robbed in Ukraine that I know of.

The visiting Hungarian fighter Karoly Balzsay was given a gift decision against the home Ukrainian boxer Stanyslav Kashtanov.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  How's his body punching? Is it as good as I heard?
                  Throws alot of combinations and they usually consist of head and body punching, very good variety, and he's relentless with his pressure so it makes him pretty tough to deal with combined with a tight defense and iron chin.

Baysangurov is a decent body puncher himself and from what i remember about the Soro fight it's his body punching was a big factor in wearing Soro down and hurting him towards the middle of that fight. I'm going to rewatch that fight before this weekend.

Comment

No one has ever been robbed in Ukraine that I know of.

The visiting Hungarian fighter Karoly Balzsay was given a gift decision against the home Ukrainian boxer Stanyslav Kashtanov.
                    Last fight in Ukraine I remember was Malignaggi vs Senchenko and before Senchenko got KO'd, he was either up or a round apart..... I actually think he was up on all 3.
                    Somebody posted a thread about it on here back when he won

Comment

Working...
                    X