Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lateef Kayode Eyes Roy Jones Jr., Heavyweight Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In heavyweight.... He'd be a toy for Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
      wasn't the Tarver-Kayote fight on Showtime?
      Yeah it was Showtime. I don't think he'll be back on Showtime either after that tirade he went on after the fight.

Comment

Wow I didn't think Lateef would take this fight I guess even at this stage Roy's name still looks good on upcoming fighter resume. As said in the other thread that I made few weeks back. I don't think Jones would have enough to keep Lateef off him since Jones power hasn't seem to carry him in the CW division. Plus Jones mobility seems a lot worse and showed his last fight by laying on the ropes again. Something he didn't do in his fight with Max Alexander.

Wish him the best if the fight happens though.

Comment

Won't be seeing you on a network anymore anytime soon......

Comment

Tarver vs. Kayode, I think that's the one where the referees couldn't tell the two guys apart and had to call it a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              California-based Nigerian Lateef Kayode is looking to build on his impressive showing against IBO cruiserweight champion Antonio Tarver in June and gain the world title shot he believes he deserves.

[Click Here To Read More]
              ...no comment!!

Comment

If this guy lands, Roy's legs are done for. But he's probably the only guy with a cruiserweight belt that Roy has a chance to beat at this stage. **** it, I guess this fight is inevitable.

Comment

Have you all heard this old saying...that you should be careful of what you ask for because you just might get it?. Well, RJ asked for a chance to fight for the Cruiserweight Title and it looks like he is close to getting it. Tell me something, am I the only one in the world that thinks he has a shot at making history and becoming world champion in 5 different weight classes. This is the kind of match that RJ will be more than ready for. He will hand Lateef his first L. Lateef may be watching previous films of Jones but it will not help him at all. I believe RJ's new trainer has a few tricks up his sleeve that will surprise Lateef's camp and everyone that will be tuning in for the fight. I said it before and I'll say it again....I NEVER bet against "Superman" Jones because if RJ is motivated to win....he will be victorious. I believe RJ will be too much for Lateef. By round 8 or 9, Kayode will be reminded that it's not Tarver that he's up against. RJ will hit him with so many jabs and body shots that it will be rediculous but it will be the straight left and right hands that's going to put Lateef on the canvas.... Yep I said it... Canvas. I don't believe the fight will last 10 rounds and I don't believe RJ will leave the fight in the hands of the judges. RJ will win this by stoppage or by Unanimous Decision. Mark my words... You heard it here first......And the new IBO Cruiserweight Champion of the world...... Roy "Superman" Jones Juniorrrrrrrrrrrrr!
                  Last edited by jray100k; 08-12-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X