No announcement yet.

Classic Frank Bruno Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Frank Bruno Interview

"Boxing is the toughest and loneliest sport in the world. You've got all the fans, lots of hangers-on jumping up and shouting different words. But when you actually go in the ring, it's a very lonely and scary place. It's just you and the other guy."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2005...xing.biography

Yes, a very poignant interview with lots of feeling. My late cousin was a ring doctor and knew Bruno well. he used to tell me about him, and always liked him, said he was a very simple, cheery kind of fellow, always in a good mood,. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      Yes, a very poignant interview with lots of feeling. My late cousin was a ring doctor and knew Bruno well. he used to tell me about him, and always liked him, said he was a very simple, cheery kind of fellow, always in a good mood,. etc.
      damn, small world

Comment

Gotta love Frank Bruno. He was one of my child hood heroes and played a big role in motivating me to start boxing.

Great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
          damn, small world
          Oh yes, smaller than anyone might think, and I have relatives and friends all over the world. I just recently discovered an old cricket friend now a long retired doctor, in Sydney, Australia.

And, a couple of years ago, when I was still living in Victoria, British Columbia, a primary school girlfriend, a German refugee kid, about whom I used to dream, the image of Ingrid Bergman, (long before I ever heard of Ingrid Bergman) I found living almost next door to me, just moved in with her new husband a retired NASA scientist. Weeelll........I WAS a bit peeved........she was so beautiful even still.

More coincidences and things have happened to me than to another fellow with 6 lives.

I travelled from Dublin to London one time, and the very first day, after getting to my hotel went for a walk, in a very crowded downtown street. Out from the swing doors of a pub rushed a fellow, bang into me. who was he but the brother of my then girl friend, whome I had seen no later than the previous night when I was saying good bye to her in Dublin. He had to make an unexpected "business" trip, which it sees he spent most of in pubs. I couldn't as I was on a boxing trip. But just another co-incidence.

Comment

Working...
          X