No announcement yet.

Iron Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Mike Tyson

I've been watching these old Tyson videos, and lemme tell you he was something else.

Tyson did have boxing skill. He had basic boxing skill, but because of his explosiveness, strength and power he made it a lot more dynamic. The way he slips hooks and jabs is amazing. In the mid 80's he was hella sharp and crisp. His interviews were sharper and crisper when he was younger.

Unfortunately his prime only lasted for 5 years. The guy was a youngster when he was on top. Can you imagine all that pressure and stuff he was feeling? You can almost tell from his eyes in the ring.

I think Tyson was one of the greats. However, he had the wrong people behind him (obviously) so he couldn't develop his full potential. Another tragic tale of paradise lost. That's fcuked up how the business did him like that.

Tyson's dope.

My all time favorite fighter. Tyson's the one who got me into this ****. I really wish he hadn't fallen apart so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
      My all time favorite fighter. Tyson's the one who got me into this ****. I really wish he hadn't fallen apart so bad.
      You know, my boxing stance is similar to Iron Mike's. He was who i wanted to fight like when i was a kid.

His career wasn't what it was supposed to be.

In his old fight films, you'll always see Don King in the background like a fcukin leech or somethin tryin to get a piece of Mike.

If you watch his pro-debut up to the Douglas fight you totally see his style.
      Tyson still had to work his way up the ladder. That's what's dope about it.

Just think about what his skill could have been like if he had people around him who cared.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
        Therein lies the only real problem on this forum: Too many posters here got into boxing because of Michael Gerard Tyson aka Leg-Iron Mike. Pathetic.

Poet

Comment

Tyson fights are brilliant to watch, i watch them all the time!. It is a shame about how his career went, but in sport (or celebs in general) its very common for youngsters with too much success and money to go off the rails. But still he had a great reign as champion and achieved what other boxers can only dream of....I'm just waiting for the day he is inducted to the BHOF.

First time i started looking into Tyson and his history was when he fought Lewis, and my dad and uncle were telling me what he was like when he was younger. He has an interesting back story so i read more and more into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
            I've been watching these old Tyson videos, and lemme tell you he was something else.

Tyson did have boxing skill. He had basic boxing skill, but because of his explosiveness, strength and power he made it a lot more dynamic. The way he slips hooks and jabs is amazing. In the mid 80's he was hella sharp and crisp. His interviews were sharper and crisper when he was younger.

Unfortunately his prime only lasted for 5 years. The guy was a youngster when he was on top. Can you imagine all that pressure and stuff he was feeling? You can almost tell from his eyes in the ring.

I think Tyson was one of the greats. However, he had the wrong people behind him (obviously) so he couldn't develop his full potential. Another tragic tale of paradise lost. That's fcuked up how the business did him like that.

Tyson's dope.

There isn't much I can say bout Mike that I haven't said already on this forum...Mike is my all time fav fighter...Mike Tyson was to boxing what Jordan was to basketball...Mike was the man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post

I think Tyson was one of the greats.

Tyson isn't one of the greats, being great is about accomplishment. He was an amazing fighter who unfortunately lost his chance to be "great" because of his life and mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                Tyson isn't one of the greats, being great is about accomplishment. He was an amazing fighter who unfortunately lost his chance to be "great" because of his life and mindset.
                So being the youngest HW champ ever isnt an accomplishment?

On another note. Mike is one of my favorite fighters of all time. His ring presence in his short prime was remarkable. He always seemed a step ahead of his opponent. He was a great fighter and a great person too..i think thats what impressed me the most about him growing up. He was brutal until the last bell..then always helped the guy up. Class
                Last edited by Jutt; 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Mike Tyson or **** You!

Guy got me and many others into the sport, is my all time favourite and was out of this world to watch! I watch Tyson fights All the time

He burned out quick and had his flaws but for that brief time when he was on top he truely was The Baddest Man On The Planet! I pick him over nearly ANYONE in head to head matches

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Therein lies the only real problem on this forum: Too many posters here got into boxing because of Michael Gerard Tyson aka Leg-Iron Mike. Pathetic.

Poet
                    Hows that a problem like?
                    Surgeon

Comment

Working...
                    X