Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Puerto Ricans think about danny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm PR and I was never really impressed with Danny. Even created a thread about it back in October.

Call me crazy but I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia - Boxing Forum
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=614579

I like Danny and respect what he's been able to do in the ring, but I'm still not sold on him. Truthfully I don't know how he keeps winning. He has a leaky defense. No footwork despite his nickname of "swift". So-so speed. And he stands right there in front of you to be hit. He's a counter puncher who has had success by swinging with his opponent. He's willing to take one in order to give one and so far he's been able to give it better than his opponents. What I will give him credit for is a strong chin, heart, and the fact that he stays focused throughout the fight. He's not easily discouraged.

He almost reminds me of Tito Trinidad where if you're able to avoid his hook and box him, then you can easily beat him. A boxer like Floyd would have a field day with him. His win over Lucas was a great win as Danny proved almost everyone wrong including myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      I still like Danny and support him - I'm no fairweather fan, just because of a sub-par performance. Can't be on your A-game everytime out. I've never encountered a bunch of know-nothing "knowledgeable" fans in my life - lol - NSB, a bunch of casuals pretending to be hardcore.

You types must jump from NFL team to team every other week depending on who's hot
      In all fairness I had felt Danny was under tremendous pressure for this fight and his main focus may have not been Herrera prior to the fight . Between trying to learn spainish and gaining the love of the island , it seems like a lot of weight on his shoulders . Not a die hard Danny fan , jus sayin ..

Comment

I'm Rican, but from Philly, not sure if I count? But yeah I pretty much hate Garcia and can't wait to see him lose.

Comment

Working...
        X