Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the ceasefire in Gaza won't last. And some background for the war.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't understand why ppl try to make hamas rockets seem harmless.

anything packing 10-20kg of explosives is not nothing.

ppl must have no concept of what a 122mm artillery rocket can do.

a typical 122mm rocket which i'm assuming what hamas is using along with 107mm and 140mm. (TYPICAL for arab/soviet/chinese arsenals) has about 20kg warhead.

20kg (44 lbs) of explosives.

in comparison:

a typical hand grenade has only 6-7 OUNCES of explosives. OUNCES.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hamas Spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri admits human shields are used by Hamas:

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

a typical 122mm rocket which i'm assuming what hamas is using along with 107mm and 140mm. (TYPICAL for arab/soviet/chinese arsenals) has about 20kg warhead.

in comparison:

I'm sure these same people who laugh at these rockets wouldn't mind if they were falling on their houses.

Comment

this is a UAE mlrs.

it fires 122mm rockets. hamas has same and bigger ones.

the older rockets carry a 20kg warhead or so and has a range of 20 km. newer rockets have bigger warheads and/or longer range. for comparison hellfire missiles used by apache attack helicopted carry only 8-9kg warheads and they use those to blow up tanks and buildings.

they are very deadly if hamas knew how to use them.
              They know exactly how to use them. They set them up close to a school, hospital, UN compound or journalist and fire them at Israel before running to get their cameras.

Comment

in comparison:

So Israel's defences must be really good then? seeing as they aren't really taking many casualties

Or is it that hamas are incompetent??

Any idea what the UK/USA defence system is like/capable off?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  They know exactly how to use them. They set them up close to a school, hospital, UN compound or journalist and fire them at Israel before running to get their cameras.
                  true.

but in tactical terms they are using them wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by San Iker jr View Post

Or is it that hamas are incompetent??
                    that and untrained. plus i don't even think they aim those things. nor do some of their homemade launchers have a way to be aimed.

i think they just point it a direction and launch it. hence the poor results.

iron dome only fires at rockets that are a threat. a lot of hamas rockets idf doesn't even bother shooting.

rocket artillery is not like shooting a handgun where you can point and fire.

you have to know the rocket's range and ballistics so you can aim it.

soviet/russian/chinese rocket doctrine also relies on large, short barrages of areas. lots of rockets, all at once in a targeted area creating a large killzone.

not random, untargeted shots.

you use it like a machine gun in indirect fire mode. you delude an area with as many bullets as possible to kill them, panic them, demoralize them.

Comment

Originally posted by San Iker jr View Post
                      So Israel's defences must be really good then? seeing as they aren't really taking many casualties

Any idea what the UK/USA defence system is like/capable off?
                      i think iron dome is best c-ram right now.

COUNTER-ROCKET, ARTILLERY, MORTAR is a relatively new concept.

before how you counter artillery is destroy them with return fire, hide/camouflage, and constant movement.

iron dome is a missile system specifically designed to shoot down artillery rockets, mortars, shells.

us/uk has nothing like it that i know off. us/uk have guns and missiles to shoot down aircraft or even ballistic missiles (LIKE A SCUD) ex. PATRIOTS, STINGERS, RAPIER, HAWK, STARSTREAK, RAM, STANDARD, ASTER missiles

but UK/US has nothing for small rockets or mortars.

maybe a ground version of PHALANX (20mm gatling gun originally for ships as last defense for incoming subsonic anti-ship missiles like EXOCET.)

Comment

Working...
                      X