No announcement yet.

Cotto is in a lose, lose situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    I don't think so. I don't think Cotto is any threat to Martinez whatsoever.
    Me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      I don't think so. I don't think Cotto is any threat to Martinez whatsoever.
      That's why he's in a lose-lose situation

Comment

If Cotto wins id have to respect it. Maravilla is stronger and faster with his hands than Cotto. He has those attributes without his legs. Now taking away ring generalship fron Sergio is Miguels only hope for winning this fight. Chavez cruiser weight ass hits harder than Cotto so Roach's bs about Sergio being chinny is a joke. I will say Cotto looked phenomenal at the weighin though. War Sexyness, War Maravilla!

Comment

If he wins he gets a belt against the lineal title holder

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            If he wins he gets a belt against the lineal title holder
            But what about from the fans, what will he get from you?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              But what about from the fans, what will he get from you?
              An even bigger payday his next fight, if he wants it.

Comment

It's damn near miracle status imo for Cotto to win, I'll give him all the credit in the world. After all, he'd be the sports 3rd biggest attraction who's fought all the of the past 5 years top 3 pfp fighters while the other 2 never fought none, lol!!

Comment

Cotto has not won against a meaningful opponent in about 7 years, a win vs Sergio would be huge under any circumstance! As for his fan base, they are convinced he is still an elite fighter, a win vs Sergio would justify it in their mind, not to mention he will be on a page all by himself in the Puerto Rican Boxing History Book.
                  Last edited by pvj; 06-07-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I sure hit the nail on the head with this one.

Comment

Yeah but you have to be realistic. Sergio's best years are past him and you're being delusional if you think otherwise.

But that's not Cotto's problem. Sergio is the champion and has been beating ranked MW contenders over a number of years so you still have to give Cotto credit for dominating the way he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X