Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Miguel Cotto done enough to earn a spot in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Miguel Cotto done enough to earn a spot in the Hall of Fame?

I had asked myself this question before the Clottey fight and had decided that should he beat Clottey yes he would have done enough in my eyes to be considered a HOF fighter.

3 time world champ 2 different weight classes is part of my reasoning but that's not what get's him into the HOF. The quality of his opposition is sterling not to mention intimidating and his record against said opposition is outstanding as well.

Quintana KO 5
    Judah TKO 11
    Mosley UD Victory
    Margarito Loss by TKO (under cloud of suspicion)
    Clottey Split Decision Victory (I had it 115-112 Cotto)

To be honest I'm not entirely sure if I'm jumping the gun or not so I'd like to hear from some of the posters I respect on this site. IMO I think he's a HOF fighter based off what he's already accomplished but I'd like to hear what you guys think to better formulate my opinion. Poll will be up shortly.
    Yes.
    43.90%
    No.
    46.34%
    Not sure.
    9.76%
    Last edited by WetSexyLlamaPR; 06-14-2009, 03:03 PM.

Bumpitty bump.

Comment

I think so, he's done more than alot of the guys in there. Yeah he is. I mean he is best of one of the best WW groups we've seen and he also did some good thiungs down at 140

Comment

Dude ain't been around that long yet.

Comment

youre jumping the gun . Cotto has a little bit to go. Not yet

Comment

not yet...

a win over manny pac... and a win over floyd would seal that for good!

Comment

P.Williams destroys Cotto in 2 rounds if he wants, or sweeps every round just to punish him.

Mayweather sweeps every round against Cotto, might knock him out if Cotto throws too many wide left hooks.

Clottey already beat him yesterday, even being injured with one leg chasing the running coward.

Pacquiao might be able to KO Cotto. It depends if Cotto runs like a ***** or comes forward. If he comes forward, he goes down 100% sure.

Margarito already destroyed Cotto and forced him to quit.

Quitting runners don't belong in the hall of fame.

Comment

A little way to go, but he's definitely on the right track. Avenge the Margarito loss, maybe one or two more quality wins, he'll probably make it.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
                  not yet...

a win over manny pac... and a win over floyd would seal that for good!

Keep dreaming...

Comment

You're jumping the gun. His record is really good, but he's not there yet, unless you're going by the Barry McGuigan standard, in which he should have been a Hall of Famer already. He needs 1 big win (Mayweather, Pacquiao) or a string of good ones (Mosley again and Berto).

Comment

Working...
                    X