Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me why people care about the Kardashians?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to think Kim was one of the goats, but she's gross to me now

Comment

Idk I mean it is some what entertaining. The power of their influence on American culture disgusts me however. Makes me appreciate the worlds that lie outside our bubble. It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to appreciate the Kardashians is my guess. It has no outside meaning so I think that's why people like it. It's like an escape from ordinary life. I'm at least glad they show their true colors. I'd be pissed if this h0rr0r who became famous for ****ing B-listers and than transitioned into an American Folk hero goodie good. I want her to say in her lane of narcissistic self obsession. Their influence won't stand the test of time.

Comment

They make me sick.

Comment

It's crazy how popular they are especially Kim. Even though she is only famous for being famous she's now a global superstar, a sex symbol and somewhat of a fashion icon. Women copy her style cause they want to look and dress like her. Kim Kardashian has like 20+ million twitter followers. You have lots of people who are obsessed with them and follow their every move and details of their private life....That's insane.

Comment

IMO no one truly cares about them but the media keeps shoving their daily activities in people's faces as if it were important news. This kind of sh.it started way way back when reality tv shows started becoming popular in the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
              IMO no one truly cares about them but the media keeps shoving their daily activities in people's faces as if it were important news. This kind of sh.it started way way back when reality tv shows started becoming popular in the 90s.
              Media wouldn't focus on them if nobody cared. Pics and stories about them make sense financially cause they have so many fans.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                Media wouldn't focus on them if nobody cared. Pics and stories about them make sense financially cause they have so many fans.
                It's not like people have a choice. When they turn on their tvs or go on the internet, that's what is fed to them. I remember when Paris Hilton was still a new "celebrity" I was like who the hell is she? But they kept putting her on the news, then her reality show with her friend (forgot her name), her sex tapes, etc. etc. until she became a household name.

Comment

Working...
                X