Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bas Rutten says brock is not allowed to get hit in practice..and if he is, he should

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They cant be serious about Brock not sparring ? really.

does anyone have some credible sources for this, seems unbelievable.
    how can you be an MMA fighter and not ****in spar.....messed up

Comment

The way Bas talks about it is more based on what he has seen & heard regarding how Lesnar has taken to the striking aspect in MMA.

He mentions shying away from punches against Carwin, then tapping to strikes to Cain and Pat Barry not being allowed to talk about sparring with Brock (this is actually mention by Matt Mitrione last October as well, funnily enough a few hours before the fight with Cain). When you see all the photos of those sparring sessions there doesn't seem to a a single photo of Barry throwing anything, he just seems to be defending the whole time. Even Brendan Schaub said that Brock's gym is the modern day Hammer House, a bunch of wrestlers that never evolve.

He says that it (not being allowed to hit Brock) must be true because if it isn't he's got no talent. Bas believes that Brock does have talent. He's just disappointed more than anything since Bas would never do any of the things he mentioned and wonders if mentally Brock is strong enough to comeback from the Cain defeat or whether or not JDS will just have to pop him once and Brock will just curl up into a ball or bullrush his way out of there.

Comment

It was pretty cool seeing Bas on the last episode of that new show Lights Out.
        Last edited by blaze778; 02-03-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
          The way Bas talks about it is more based on what he has seen & heard regarding how Lesnar has taken to the striking aspect in MMA.

He mentions shying away from punches against Carwin, then tapping to strikes to Cain and Pat Barry not being allowed to talk about sparring with Brock (this is actually mention by Matt Mitrione last October as well, funnily enough a few hours before the fight with Cain). When you see all the photos of those sparring sessions there doesn't seem to a a single photo of Barry throwing anything, he just seems to be defending the whole time. Even Brendan Schaub said that Brock's gym is the modern day Hammer House, a bunch of wrestlers that never evolve.

He says that it (not being allowed to hit Brock) must be true because if it isn't he's got no talent. Bas believes that Brock does have talent. He's just disappointed more than anything since Bas would never do any of the things he mentioned and wonders if mentally Brock is strong enough to comeback from the Cain defeat or whether or not JDS will just have to pop him once and Brock will just curl up into a ball or bullrush his way out of there.
          always thought brock had the potential to become more than just a white Bob Sapp

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
            always thought brock had the potential to become more than just a white Bob Sapp
            I think Mariusz Pudzianowski is the white Bob Sapp.

Comment

I think Bas is the right coach for Lesnar. Remember years ago when Bas took in Mark Kerr and helped him out in the striking department. This could have the same effect on Brock.

Comment

I think Mariusz Pudzianowski is the white Bob Sapp.
                Are you kidding? Sapp>>>>Pudz.

And I'm a big fan of his strongman exploits.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  Are you kidding? Sapp>>>>Pudz.

And I'm a big fan of his strongman exploits.
                  Sapp's better, but Pudz is the closest thing to a white version of Sapp that we're gonna get.

Comment

Sapp's better, but Pudz is the closest thing to a white version of Sapp that we're gonna get.
                    Some would say Lesnar.

Different commodities I know, but I prefer this analogy to Pudz.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Some would say Lesnar.

Different commodities I know, but I prefer this analogy to Pudz.
                      Haha, you mean you would say Lesnar. Fair enough, I just think Lesnar has potential due to his base being what it is, as well as his athletic ability for his size. Pudz, to me, is just a huge meathead with no potential, which is how I always viewed Bob Sapp. You could find similarities with all 3 guys, but to me if they were matched up against each other, Lesnar would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X