Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Chavez-Martinez ppv be purchased online??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Chavez-Martinez ppv be purchased online??

I don't have cable at home and don't want to go to someone's house to watch the ppv. I want to watch it on my computer, does anyone know where I can purchase the fight? I don't mean some illegal stream either. Thanks.

Top Rank announced today that the Martinez-Chavez PPV, set for tomorrow night from Las Vegas, will be offered as a digital PPV online as well. The four-bout PPV will be available for $49.95 online and use the MLB Advanced Media tech to add multi-angles to the broadcast.

“This pay-per-view offering will complement our current distribution which appeals to sports fans who are engaged in digital platforms on a daily basis. The response was so positive when we did this previously, which was for Pacquiao-Bradley in June, and Pacquiao-Mosley and Pacquiao-Marquez III last year we knew there would be an even bigger demand for Chávez Jr.-Martínez. Sports viewing has entered a new frontier and Top Rank, which has always been at the forefront of integrating new technology to enhance the fans’ experience, will be adding more live digital platforms to future world championship boxing events,” said Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank.

Fans can check out the online version of the PPV at www.toprank.tv.

_________

It won't be the HBO-PPV version though, I'm pretty sure. Likely gonna be the international telecast with Barry Tompkins commentating.

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan Maxx View Post
      Top Rank announced today that the Martinez-Chavez PPV, set for tomorrow night from Las Vegas, will be offered as a digital PPV online as well. The four-bout PPV will be available for $49.95 online and use the MLB Advanced Media tech to add multi-angles to the broadcast.

“This pay-per-view offering will complement our current distribution which appeals to sports fans who are engaged in digital platforms on a daily basis. The response was so positive when we did this previously, which was for Pacquiao-Bradley in June, and Pacquiao-Mosley and Pacquiao-Marquez III last year we knew there would be an even bigger demand for Chávez Jr.-Martínez. Sports viewing has entered a new frontier and Top Rank, which has always been at the forefront of integrating new technology to enhance the fans’ experience, will be adding more live digital platforms to future world championship boxing events,” said Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank.

Fans can check out the online version of the PPV at www.toprank.tv.

_________

It won't be the HBO-PPV version though, I'm pretty sure. Likely gonna be the international telecast with Barry Tompkins commentating.
      This works, thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan Maxx View Post

Says there are multiple commentary options available. I assume they mean one in English and one in Spanish, but you never know.

I really like this feature though. The multiple angle viewing alone is worth the price for a good fight.

Just get a hookup from the laptop to a flatscreen TV and you're golden.

Comment

I like this, except for the fact that it's still 50 dollars and all of it goes to Bob Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
            I like this, except for the fact that it's still 50 dollars and all of it goes to Bob Arum.

Agreed! Here is to Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by titleholder View Post
              I don't have cable at home and don't want to go to someone's house to watch the ppv. I want to watch it on my computer, does anyone know where I can purchase the fight? I don't mean some illegal stream either. Thanks.
              I cracked the code.

BAN HIM!~!!

Comment

Just so you know if you order it on toprank.com one of the benefits is you can watch it for a few days after. I ordered it earlier and I believe you can rewatch it until the 19th. Personally I like that cause I usually get pretty drunk and just enjoy the fight and then the next day I can go back and rewatch it in a more technical manner and look at the little things I wasn't paying attention to in the moment. The bad side is you don't get HBO announcers, for Pacquiao and Bradley it was Brian Kenny and Mario Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                X