No announcement yet.

Boxing Would Be Much Better If These Rules Were Implemented

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Would Be Much Better If These Rules Were Implemented

1. Fights should be judged based on your overall performance, not on a round-to-round basis. Sometimes, a fighter can outland someone in total number of punches, even just power punches, and yet still lose the fight because they lost more rounds (see: Floyd-Castillo 1.) It doesn't happen often, but it happens. How is that fair? The winner should be determined based on who performed better the most overall.

2. There should only be one champion per weight division (Interm Champions notwithstanding.) Every division should have one fighter known as The Man that everyone in that division knows they need to run through in order to become champion.

3. Backhands and spinning back fists should be legal. Any punch or hit you can throw with the glive-wrapped hands should be legal.

4. When a fight gets to the championship rounds, the gloves come OFF. You fight with your bare fists in the championship rounds. The championship rounds are meant to invoke a feeling of the stakes being raised and "**** getting real", so why not remove the gloves and go at it bare-fisted?

2 is the only one that makes sense. Do away with the rest of that garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

Explain how the rest are garbage.

Comment

This. Congratulations on your **** post OP.

This is boxing not muay thai phaggot.

Also 15 round fights for championship fights need to comeback. That will reduce your complaint number 1 and also less draws with an odd number of rounds.

no gloves is stupid. boxers get enough injuries as it is, why do you want them to get even more and shorten their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
          1. Fights should be judged based on your overall performance, not on a round-to-round basis. Sometimes, a fighter can outland someone in total number of punches, even just power punches, and yet still lose the fight because they lost more rounds (see: Floyd-Castillo 1.) It doesn't happen often, but it happens. How is that fair? The winner should be determined based on who performed better the most overall.

2. There should only be one champion per weight division (Interm Champions notwithstanding.) Every division should have one fighter known as The Man that everyone in that division knows they need to run through in order to become champion.

3. Backhands and spinning back fists should be legal. Any punch or hit you can throw with the glive-wrapped hands should be legal.

4. When a fight gets to the championship rounds, the gloves come OFF. You fight with your bare fists in the championship rounds. The championship rounds are meant to invoke a feeling of the stakes being raised and "**** getting real", so why not remove the gloves and go at it bare-fisted?
          either this is a decent troll post or a ******ed genuine post

Comment

Spot on. I think everyone more or less agrees with the concept of one unified champion per division. So Lockard really isn't breaking any new ground there. As for the rest of his suggestions - these sound like the brainstorming results from a couple of teenage boys hopped up on too many sugary sodas.

Any time I see people want to change the sport to closer resemble either Muay Thai or MMA, I shake my head in disbelief. Now, if you want to talk about remodeling the business aspect of the industry to closer resemble a UFC model, I'll listen, but don't change my sport. I like boxing the way it is. It's been just fine for over a century now (with a few minor tweaks and modifications to certain rules). If you want to watch kickboxing or MMA, just go watch those than...

Comment

none of the rules make sense

Comment

i like everything but the spinning back fist.

you can't allow something like spinning in a ghetto sport like boxing Guys would abuse it. You would have Lara spinning all fight like the tasmanian devil and complaining about being hit in the back of the head while the crowd booed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  either this is a decent troll post or a ******ed genuine post
                  As ******ed as insulting someone's post but not explaining why?

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  none of the rules make sense
                  How the fu*k not?

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                    As ******ed as insulting someone's post but not explaining why?

How the fu*k not?
                    how do fighters have a comeback if it's not judged round by round?

how will there be unifcation bouts if there's one champ?

Back hand punches will allow more shots to the back of the head

Fighting bare fisted is illegal

Comment

Working...
                    X