Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the French the only hope for Libyan rebels?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the French the only hope for Libyan rebels?

With the French taking the lead on the Libyan situation and America's reluctance to get involved it seems that France is the rebels best hope for help. The French have a full fleet carrier so could conduct a no fly zone and have the military capability to take out key zones. I dont see anyone else able to help them TBH, and it looks like they will be defeated if they cant get help.
    Last edited by Davros?; 03-10-2011, 05:26 PM.

**** the rebels...

WAR GADAFI!

Comment

Originally posted by P. Noy View Post
      **** the rebels...

WAR GADAFI!
      Ok then lol.

Comment

In a sick way i would like to see the French get involved just to see some of there equipment in use and how it performes.

Comment

The French are only guarding the Med border really and forcing a no fly zone. Have a look at the countries bordering Libya through which Gaddafi could have arms smuggled:

Sudan, Chad, Niger, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt.

Consider Gaddafi sent a rep to Egyot earlier this week and things begin to stink of weapon smuggling and this is pointing towards Yugoslavia 20 years ago. Just substitute Slobodan Milosevic for Gaddafi and compare the two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
            The French are only guarding the Med border really and forcing a no fly zone. Have a look at the countries bordering Libya through which Gaddafi could have arms smuggled:

Sudan, Chad, Niger, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt.

Consider Gaddafi sent a rep to Egyot earlier this week and things begin to stink of weapon smuggling and this is pointing towards Yugoslavia 20 years ago. Just substitute Slobodan Milosevic for Gaddafi and compare the two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia
            Yeah it does seem that way, A big concern for the rebels must be that they will run out of weapons, at that point Gaddafi will kill as many of them as he can. The French want to start bombing key Gaddafi targets, I have heard the French nuclear aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle will be heading to the area on monday.
            NATO are weak in situations like this, Europe needs to take a lead on this America imo wont do anything anytime soon.

Comment

Why do you think the SAS dropped into the East side last week and got overpowered by the rebels in a tiny town?

They were trying to support them but the rebs are STILL demanding no foreign intervention.

I think a no fly zone and a blockade should be in place. Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                Why do you think the SAS dropped into the East side last week and got overpowered by the rebels in a tiny town?

They were trying to support them but the rebs are STILL demanding no foreign intervention.

I think a no fly zone and a blockade should be in place. Thats all.
                The believe the reason why they were detained, was because they turned up un announced with weapons and explosives, the rebels didn’t know who's side they were on (at least that is what i understand).

The rebels seem to be changing there tune recently probably because they are now getting a beating.

Comment

Saw Saif Gaddafi has been on telly comparing the rebels to the Israelis in Gaza.

When its HIS side thats got the planes dropping bombs. What a ******.

Comment

Working...
                  X