Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Stewart, "Martinez doesnt have that street toughness that Paul has."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Stewart, "Martinez doesnt have that street toughness that Paul has."

What the hell was that? I mean, I know what he meant and was trying to imply but, what the hell kind of statement was that?

Martinez isn't from the grimy dirty south like P-Will is. It's probably why he looked more tired at the end of the fight and kept clinching.

Comment

I thought that was dumb racism and by that I mean that it wasnt intentional but in a ton of sports, people will call whites or Euro's soft compared to blacks. They just assume that they will fold under pressure and are weaker mentally then the black street kids. Again, not intentional but thats just how alot of people think

Comment

exactly what it sounds like...

Steward seems to think that Pdub is a gangsta, and Martinez is a powder puff

The hell if I know...lol

Comment

Steward had to say something positive

I liked when Jim said "Martinez was having a festival"

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
            Martinez isn't from the grimy dirty south like P-Will is. It's probably why he looked more tired at the end of the fight and kept clinching.
            lol @ dirty south. Augusta GA isn't hard.

Comment

You see, Emanuel Stewart is clearly what you would call an expert on "street toughness". He's probably the most hood mother****er in the entire office.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs077 View Post
                I liked when Jim said "Martinez was having a festival"
                I completely forgot about that but laughed when he said it. Probably the quote of the fight. Thanks.

Comment

lol i noticed this too and said the same thing in my "amazing pic" thread. I stated:

"Manny steward's 'toughness' b.s. While he recanted to some extent and gave Martinez respect towards the end of the fight his bias showed through, it's very prevalent with Americans. Around the 4th or 5th he was saying that Martinez didn't have the "street toughness" as Williams and PW would win cuz of this. This was around the 5th when Martinez had already more than demonstrated how tough he was.

You don't have to have tattoo's, be black, be american or any other of that bull**** to be tough. It seems quite common with Americans to believe that you have some innate toughness that evades the rest of the world, cease with this stupidity please."

Just American "we're the best" b.s coupled with the American media. Alot of folks in the u.s. have a very unrealistic perception imo.

Comment

He's trying to say he's had a rough upbringing. He'd of said the same thing about a guy like Mickey Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X