Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

better body puncher: cotto or margarito???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better body puncher: cotto or margarito???

poll to come
    margarito
    25.00%
    cotto
    75.00%

Hard to say.

Technically, it's Cotto.

With Margarito it's his commitment and his volume of punches. They don't look pretty but he throws enough of them that they get the job done. And with his chin, nothing can deter him from going to the body, where Cotto's gotta worry about getting caught with something on the inside(i.e an uppercut)

It's pretty much a wash.
    Last edited by savorduhflavor; 02-24-2009, 11:11 AM.

Comment

cotto easy....

Comment

cotto. tony just throw and it is wherever they landed. he doesnt care.

Comment

Does Tony have the cement or no?

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhfalvor View Post
            Hard to say.

Technically, it's Cotto.

With Margarito it's his commitment and his volume of punches. They don't look pretty but he throws enough of them that they get the job done. And with his chin, nothing can deter him from going to the body, where Cotto's gotta worry about getting caught with something on the inside(i.e an uppercut)

It's pretty much a wash.
            I agree, technically Cotto is better and they are about even in terms of conviction on their body punches, they both throw them with mean intentions. Tony uses more leverage due to his size and throws them like a baseball bat-like effect causing more damage IMO. Cotto is grade A while Tony is A+ in body punches. However Tony's inside game is much better than Cotto's by a mile.

Comment

Technically Cotto's is better's but Margarito cant be left out by far from him....

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhfalvor View Post
                Hard to say.

Technically, it's Cotto.

It's pretty much a wash.
                i guess i agree... cotto's one shot to the body is probably equal to 2 body shots from margarito, but since margo throws so much his body attack is better.

Comment

I think cottos body punch are harder, definitely faster, and more "fluid"

Comment

Margarito's body attack consists of more punches, but Cotto's body punches are more accurate and technical. Margarito looks like he is trying to wear you out and take away stamina, but Cotto looks to knock you out to the body.

So I say Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X