Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didnt Cotto study the Clottey,Williams Vs Margarito???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didnt Cotto study the Clottey,Williams Vs Margarito???

I Ask this question because i think Cotto went into this fight with the total wrong gameplan, I would have thought the williams and especially the clottey fight would have showed Cotto the blueprint of not running/backpedalling away from Margarito...Clottey box right in front of Rito and stayed off the ropes..I just think Team cotto got it wrong from the start.

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
    I Ask this question because i think Cotto went into this fight with the total wrong gameplan, I would have thought the williams and especially the clottey fight would have showed Cotto the blueprint of not running/backpedalling away from Margarito...Clottey box right in front of Rito and stayed off the ropes..I just think Team cotto got it wrong from the start.
    Most important, he should have studied the Clottey fight and a lil bit of the williams. Williams clinch well against Margarito and Clottey had a very very tight guard against Margarito.

Comment

You can read a million books about driving but really dont know **** until you actually get in a car and drive.

Same concept applies here.

He had a good gameplan, except he was throwing too many bombs early in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO OWNS View Post
        You can read a million books about driving but really dont know **** until you actually get in a car and drive.

Same concept applies here.

He had a good gameplan, except he was throwing too many bombs early in the fight.
        and Zero body punches...

Comment

cotto always says he doesn't watch tapes he lets his uncle watch them and his uncle is the one thats supposed to come up with the gameplan

Comment

Originally posted by c'monmang' View Post
            and Zero body punches...
            You have to realize in order for Cotto to throw body punches, he would have to stand still right in front of Margarito. This would've been DISASTROUS.

Comment

He had a great gameplan he just didn't have the stamina to pull it off in the later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno113 View Post
                He had a great gameplan he just didn't have the stamina to pull it off in the later rounds
                Exactly. And some of these geniuses might want to note that Clottey and Williams slowed down as well. They ALL looked good early on. Williams just presents a totally different challenge. But Clottey LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO OWNS View Post
                  You have to realize in order for Cotto to throw body punches, he would have to stand still right in front of Margarito. This would've been DISASTROUS.

Why would it be disastrous? Clottey stood in front of Rito and use his better speed and skills advantage to great effect.

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
                    Why would it be disastrous? Clottey stood in front of Rito and use his better speed and skills advantage to great effect.

Clottey didnt end up looking like he was attacked by a meat grinder.

Cotto did not belong on the inside with Marg.

Comment

Working...
                    X