Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOP 1 percent are not pulling their weight..WTF!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP 1 percent are not pulling their weight..WTF!

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38661014

Biden to Davos: Top 1% 'not carrying their weight'

With 48 hours left in the role of US vice-president, Joe Biden used his swansong speech at Davos to tell an audience of the world's wealthiest that they do not pay enough in tax.

He said the "top 1% is not carrying their weight".

He also issued a "call to action" in defence of liberal democracy, warning Russia would try to meddle in European elections this year.

And he joked that once he left office, he would "start to say what I think".
    Good guys

To the Davos audience, who pay thousands of dollars to be at the exclusive event, he said the tax system in the US was not equitable.

He said inheritance tax breaks, for example, were a waste of money.

"You are not bad buys, you are all good guys," he said. But he argued the money would be better spent paying for every US student to attend college for nothing, which he said would cost $6bn a year and have a greater knock-on impact on the economy.

"We can afford to do that in a heartbeat," he said.

'Deep rift'

However, he will not any longer be in a position to affect policy directly after Friday, when President-elect Donald Trump takes the reins and Mike Pence takes over as vice-president.

Mr Trump has been most outspoken in his scepticism over free trade, promising to row back on international trade treaties and threatening a stand-off with China. And on Tuesday China's President Xi Jinping, attending Davos for the first time, responded by extolling the virtues of free trade.

In his speech, Mr Biden said he was a supporter of globalisation, but acknowledged that it had "deepened the rift" between those at the top and the rest. He said that was "undermining the liberal order from inside".

He said that and other pressures meant liberal democracy was under threat.
    Russian 'meddling'

"In recent years, it has become evident that the consensus upholding this system is facing increasing pressures," he said.

"It's imperative that we act urgently to defend the liberal international order."

And he warned specifically against Russian interference in the political process.

"Under President Putin, Russia is working with every tool available to them to whittle away at the edges of the European project, test the fault lines of western nations and return to a politics defined by spheres of influence," he said.

"With many countries in Europe slated to hold elections this year, we should expect further attempts by Russia to meddle in the democratic process. It will occur again, I promise you. And again the purpose is clear: to collapse the liberal international order," Mr Biden said.
    'Wrong answer'

In a thinly-veiled criticism of President-elect Trump, he warned against creating further divisions and spoke out strongly for Nato and the European Union.

"As we have seen time and again throughout history, demagogues and autocrats have emerged - seeking to capitalise on people's insecurities. In this case, using Islamophobic, anti-Semitic, or xenophobic rhetoric to stoke fear, sow division, and advance their own narrow agendas. It offers a false sense of security in an interconnected world."

"The impulse to hunker down, shut the gates, build walls, and exit at this moment is precisely the wrong answer. It will not resolve the root causes of these fears - and it risks eroding from the inside out the foundations of the very system that spawned the West's historically unprecedented success."

What the **** is with this guy?? why would he put the onus on ultra rich to help out the filthy poor?. they have they become rich by working hard and being at the right time and place. NOW they have to GIVE it AWAY for those stupid degenerates??? WTF

This is the problem with Democrats they don't really push the agenda they claim to believe in when it matters. You can't just talk a big game and then not show up on fight night. But that's all the (D)'s do. And this is just that same thing happening once again.

The (R)'s on the other hand seem to send out f#cking daily emails to get everyone on the same talking point and pushing the same agenda. The (R)'s play the game better for sure, but I believe they actually believe the things they say while the (D)'s just say **** they think people wanna hear (granted not those rich guys with Biden, but the other 99% who Biden knew would eventually hear those same words) and don't actually believe in it cuz at their core they have more of the personal beliefs and desires of the (R)'s. And when you are allegedly fighting for other people's upside more than your own upside you're never gonna believe in the fight or fight as hard as the people who are fighting for things they believe will help themselves as the (R)'s largely do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      But that's all the (D)'s do.

The (R)'s on the other hand....
      Another one who cant think deeper than simple binary (R or D) logic.

The OP never even cited R or D!!!

Care to address the content of his post, or are R vs D talking points all you have to offer up?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Another one who cant think deeper than simple binary (R or D) logic.

The OP never even cited R or D!!!

Care to address the content of his post, or are R vs D talking points all you have to offer up?
        You don't grasp that I don't care about (D)'s or (R)'s & they are all the same to me.

And I didn't bring up talking points at all. I brought up core problems the (D)'s have & why I believe they have them.

I don't give a f#ck about any particular idea Biden is talking about a day before he no longer has any power (granted he's the VP so its not like he was the King of Siam 3 years ago or anything) I just find it humorous he's throwing this out when it doesn't mean anything. When he had 8 years ahead of him to promote his ideas & bring big change he sat on his hands. And thats larger what the (D)'s do. They don't really have skin in the game cuz they are ultimately (R)'s just with more empathy for the lesser among us if anything.

Comment

You don't grasp that I don't care about (D)'s or (R)'s & they are all the same to me.
          And yet you just pointed out what you say are their differences.

You cant even get out of your own way.

I don't give a f#ck about any particular idea Biden is talking about...
          Then that begs the question; why did you take the time to comment about it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            And yet you just pointed out what you say are their differences.

You cant even get out of your own way.
            I'm saying at their core they are the same people. I said as my closing line (D)'s are just (R)'s with more empathy for the lesser among us. Don't be dense just to try to debate with me or disagree with me lol.

Then that begs the question; why did you take the time to comment about it?
            I didn't take the time to comment on what Biden was saying I was commenting on the problem with (D)'s. They don't really have skin in the game. They only stand for anything when its easy like in the last hours of their power in this case.

Comment

They don't really have skin in the game. They only stand for anything when its easy like in the last hours of their power in this case.
              Now this I agree with, big time.

Obama didn't backstab Israel or pardon that Bradley Manning shim until he had nothing to lose. A person of character does what he/she feels is right, regardless of the political consequences.

Comment

This is the problem with Democrats they don't really push the agenda they claim to believe in when it matters. You can't just talk a big game and then not show up on fight night. But that's all the (D)'s do. And this is just that same thing happening once again.

The (R)'s on the other hand seem to send out f#cking daily emails to get everyone on the same talking point and pushing the same agenda. The (R)'s play the game better for sure, but I believe they actually believe the things they say while the (D)'s just say **** they think people wanna hear (granted not those rich guys with Biden, but the other 99% who Biden knew would eventually hear those same words) and don't actually believe in it cuz at their core they have more of the personal beliefs and desires of the (R)'s. And when you are allegedly fighting for other people's upside more than your own upside you're never gonna believe in the fight or fight as hard as the people who are fighting for things they believe will help themselves as the (R)'s largely do.

Would you agree that Biden is a svckasz mofo who want to do a blazing exit to endear his stinky arse to the poor?.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                  Would you agree that Biden is a svckasz mofo who want to do a blazing exit to endear his stinky arse to the poor?.
                  Sh-t brother most people like that ain't got time to care about some VP speech a couple days before he's not the VP.

Randomly I'd bet like a third to half of poor people couldn't even answer the question of who the VP is.

Comment

Sh-t brother most people like that ain't got time to care about some VP speech a couple days before he's not the VP.

Randomly I'd bet like a third to half of poor people couldn't even answer the question of who the VP is.
                    The motha****a is just BITTER because he is just 18$ short of becoming a 1 percenter... and his tenure just ended...

Comment

Working...
                    X