Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Mentions Ali's Health As A Reason To Remain Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justinussery87 View Post
    He gives press conferences on fights he promotes. He's not pushing the topic. The reporters are asking him these questions.
    He should know better how to answer questions without disrespecting people, what he said about Conor McGregor was uncalled for, for someone retired to speak like he did it's stupid all I say is there are ways of answering questions without being a dick about it or you simply find a way to avoid the pointless question and get onto promoting your show, your fighters instead of your past legacy.

Comment

If that was so true, then why didn't he retire earlier? He's hiding behind the illness of another man to make excuses for why he won't return. Shameful. TBE really does stand for, "The Best Excuses."

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        As far as Im concerned, there no studies that have been able link boxing/blows to the head to Parkinson's.
        You sound stupid. Seriously.

But anyway...it's not just Parkinsons. It's brain-related injuries in general.

And on that note...Michael Watson would like to have a word.

Comment

Its his decision and his life

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            As far as Im concerned, there no studies that have been able link boxing/blows to the head to Parkinson's.
            Bruh where have you been. The parkinsons condition that Ali suffered was named Pugilistic Parkinson's syndrome. Its not Parkinson's disease per se, but it is a condition has Parkinson like symptoms caused by several blows to the brain. Freddie Roach has the same condition.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
              If that was so true, then why didn't he retire earlier? He's hiding behind the illness of another man to make excuses for why he won't return. Shameful. TBE really does stand for, "The Best Excuses."
              Same thing i posted. If you dont have it anymore, say it. Dont blame Ali, a million boxers never get parkinsons.

Comment

I understand where Floyd is coming from. Unfortunately idiotic haters don't see it that way. They call a man who uses hit but not get hit type fighting a coward and runner. So for a boxer to be favored, he has to take massive punishment so he wont be able to speak after his career is over? Look at Ali, Freddie Roach, and Meldrick Taylor. I've watched the legendary nights episode of Chavez Sr. vs Taylor. After years of fighting too long, the program had to provide subtitles so we could understand what the man was saying. So Floyd is a coward for not ending up like that? I bet if any of these so called boxing fans step in the ring with somebody, they're not gonna just stand there and let someone tee off on them.

Comment

I think Floyd is a marketing genius, in his younger days the only way to raise popularity and gain fame to become a PPV star was to be an entertaining fighter and he did that when he "Pretty Boy" Floyd with the fast and lightning combinations that would dominate his opponent, everyone wanted to watch him then

As he progressed and aged with rumors that he hurt his hands a few times he had to change his style, so "Money Mayweather" was created and he was a technical/defensive fighter that many labelled boring but by the time he got to here, he was already a PPV star
                  Last edited by Quiksilva; 11-17-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I also find it funny that everyone that says they hate Floyd, but seems like they want him to come back so badly. Fighters also. The man is retired but yet he gets called out more then the guys that are actually fighting. But when Floyd says he's good he wants to stay retired, all of a sudden he's ducking them. WTF. It makes no sense. And folks need to stop getting so butt hurt for calling himself TBE. If he feels that he is, that's his right. No fighter in history has accomplished the same things he has. What other fighter in history has captured titles in 5 different divisions and STILL remained undefeated throughout their career? NO ONE! So that's grounds to call himself TBE but again that's his own opinion.

Comment

In terms of success in the sport, Floyd is the paragon, a model of how it's done. He's highly regarded, filthy rich, and his health has not been compromised. Enjoy life, champ. Don't let your ego drag you to back to the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X