Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Corley Round 4. The most exciting round of Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a huge Chop Chop fan because of my DC roots. lol

This is one of my favorite fights given it was between 2 of my favorite fighters at the time.

Comment

I was just talking to Chop at the Broner fight. Still looks good. The funny thing is that I remember back in the day telling him that Floyd was my favorite fighter. He said he likes Floyd and that he tried to fight Floyd but Floyd won't fight him. Then a few months later they were fighting.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        Round 8 vs Hatton was my fav Floyd rd personally
        Was that the round he threw the fake jab to the stomach and hit Hatton clean in the forehead. lol One of my favorite Floyd fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He was definitely a more eye friendly fighter back then. Threw so much more combinations.

It wasn't really until Baldomir and onward that he fought overly conservative. Which is funny because that's around the time he had the most eyes on him and he was at his hottest to the casual audience.

I think that's the reason so many people dislike him. Outside of the idiotic persona he puts on, but at the time where he so strongly under the magnifying glass, he put on his most back to back dull performances (Badlomir followed by Oscar)
          True, although I liked the Judah/Ortiz/Mosley fights.
          Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-18-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
            Round 8 vs Hatton was my fav Floyd rd personally
            Yes. I loved not having to hear the UK crowd go crazy for all of Hatton's misses.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              I was just talking to Chop at the Broner fight. Still looks good. The funny thing is that I remember back in the day telling him that Floyd was my favorite fighter. He said he likes Floyd and that he tried to fight Floyd but Floyd won't fight him. Then a few months later they were fighting.....lol
              Corley is actually a good fighter IMO.

He's a step below the elite and loses most of the times he stepped up but he tested so many of the top guys he fought.

Badly hurt Mayweather, badly hurt Cotto, had a close fight with Zab Judah, IMO I felt he beat Maidanna not too long ago, about a year or so ago.

His win against Paul Mcloskey recently was a very good performance, underdog, in McCloskey's hometown, and took him to school.

Comment

I really liked this offensive version of Mayweather. Glad he somewhat brought that style back.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                  Was that the round he threw the fake jab to the stomach and hit Hatton clean in the forehead. lol One of my favorite Floyd fights.
                  LOL yeah it was he damn near took his head off

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Yes. I loved not having to hear the UK crowd go crazy for all of Hatton's misses.
                    When he hit him with the same left hook he dropped with in the 10th in that round and just opened up relentless with combinations in the corner, and the ref almost stepped up. That was a beatdown in that round.

Hatton showed great heart and courage to survive that round.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Must be up there.

Badly hurt at the start of the round, the most hurt he's ever been in his career. Instead of covering up marching forward and goes toe-to-toe in back and forth action and ends up stunning Corley not long after.

Both land a hell of a lot of clean shots.

Not quite Gatti-Ward 4 like Lampley described But action packed none the less.

Starts at 9:15 of this link and the start of the Part 3 which is a seperate video.

What impressed me was how Floyd made it look so easy immediately in the 5th round once he started jabbing

Comment

Working...
                      X