Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortlist for Kessler return includes Ward, Golovkin, Froch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does it say about GGG if he's willing to fight Kessler and not Ward?
    duuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Lol...I don't think you realise the whole basis or point of a 'tune-up' fight... that's like taking your car out on a 'test' at the Nascar or some **** before driving to the store.
      Golovkin is a middleweight boxer, he would be at a serious disadvantage against Kessler, who is a natural super middleweighter. Golovkin has also never been in the ring with any good boxers, so it would be a huge stepup to go from Macklin/Adama/Stevens/taxidrivers to an elite level boxer like Kessler. Kessler should defeat Golovkin fairly easily, it would be a good fight before Kessler takes on the more serious challenges, although I doubt Golovkin would take this fight.

Martinez is old and didn't look good in his last fight, so I would prefer Golovkin to fight Kessler instead, but well... I don't expect either to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpert View Post
        Golovkin is a middleweight boxer, he would be at a serious disadvantage against Kessler, who is a natural super middleweighter. Golovkin has also never been in the ring with any good boxers, so it would be a huge stepup to go from Macklin/Adama/Stevens/taxidrivers to an elite level boxer like Kessler. Kessler should defeat Golovkin fairly easily, it would be a good fight before Kessler takes on the more serious challenges, although I doubt Golovkin would take this fight.

Martinez is old and didn't look good in his last fight, so I would prefer Golovkin to fight Kessler instead, but well... I don't expect either to happen.
        LOL he is still p4p 3-5, that can never be called a tune-up, come on!

Comment

Kessler is a fighter with name recognition at 168, high ranking, good draw at home, fan friendly style........he should be able to make a fight happen with anyone from 160-175 if he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Kessler v Ward is the fight that appeals. Kessler should even be prepared to do it in the US with the right referee.

Incidentally, why not fight the Abraham-Stieglitz winner?
            No way Kessler should go to the US and be victimised of shady officiating again. With Ward it is important to have a referee ready, willing and able to enforce the rules of boxing.

A fight against Stieglitz/Abraham is not a possibility due to television rights in Denamrk and Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              As much as like rooting for Kess, he's really way past his prime and has got a lot of wear 'n tear on his Viking body. Is he shot - No - but he's not too far from it.

Why not a tuneup fight? I don't see the point in getting beat up by an elite opponent when he can earn a boatload of $$$ fighting a lessor regarded opponent in Denmark.
              I don't think his body can take that many trainingcamps at this point of his career.

Personally I would like him to retire and get in the commentators booth. He is a great analyst. I would hate it if he would end up slurring his speech.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                Dangling that bait aye! . . . . I'd like to see him walk away but I wouldn't begrudge him another pay-day if that's what he chooses. Surely everyone on that list bar Golovkin will be tied up to other fights anyway?
                Has Ward been tied up with Kashtonov yet?

Comment

The Bika fight could probably be made and one he'd win to reclaim another alphabet title.

But it appears he's looking for a big name to go out on. Fair play to him, he's fought the best in the super middleweight division. He's always given a good fight and the fans their money's worth. If he wants to be picky at the end of his career then he's earned it, I'd say, and the names he's targeting are all good fighters who he probably wouldn't be highly favoured to beat.

Comment

I'd like to see kessler fight Ward in Denmark, headbutt him all night then be awarded a dodgy hometown decision. But I can't see it happening

By the look of the short list he isn't taking any easy fight. 1 guy not mentioned us Chavez junior. Stylewise that's a good fight

Comment

Another dude pretending to want to fight Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X