Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Joe Calzaghe actually count these as punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, you know Calzaghe had about a dozen hand injuries in the middle of his career, hence he modified his punch technique to minimalise injuried and lengthen his career. Earlier on he punched properly and got more ko's

you did know that though

right...

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      Those punches are no joke, he ended Hopkins career with them.
      yeah ok....lol

Comment

Calslappy, what a joke. His style was terrible but effective. It's hard to fight a guy who throws 1000 slaps.

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
          Calslappy, what a joke. His style was terrible but effective. It's hard to fight a guy who throws 1000 slaps.
          true. the man kept in good shape to throw all those slaps tho

Comment

That drill is for endurance and builds fast twitz muscle fibers

Comment

Do not understand the hate Joe gets on here,the man ALWAYS came to fight,never ran around the ring and was mean as hell in there,he slapped late in his career due to a lot of hand injuries but damn those slaps messed alot of people up look at lacy and Roy after the fight,He wore Hopkins down and put on 1 hell of a performance against Kessler.Dude was the truth and a warrior in the ring.he earned my respect

Comment

Had Calzaghe mixed it with the best he wouldn't have been undefeated. He was made to look like an amateur against a 43 year old Hopkins and conceivably lost that fight. Ward spanks any version of him, Dirrell beats him, prime Jones kills him, prime Hopkins takes him. Calzaghe was managed very very well. 35,000 fans paying to watch him box Manfredo? Don't make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Those punches are no joke, he ended Hopkins career with them.
                  what????? what about shutting out Kelly Pavlik and handing him his first loss? What about lifting the title from Jean Pascal becoming the oldest world champion ever?
                  How could you even say that?

Comment

how heavy is the bag?

moving a bag of that size requires work. he's working out. he's a professional boxer. you've seen him fight, right?

is that how he throws in the fights?
                    no

two suggestions:
                    try that yourself. make sure you're moving the bag, and using your whole body, the way he's doing, instead of just moving your arms. he's not putting a lot behind the punches, but he's using his entire body.

next, let him do that to your face... that will let you know what kind of work he's getting in.

welshzaghe was a terrific fighter. winning mentality, great at adjusting. if he got dropped he'd just get back up. his resume lacks heavily because he languished for so long in europe.

you don't have to be a bone breaking puncher to be a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                      Do not understand the hate Joe gets on here,the man ALWAYS came to fight,never ran around the ring and was mean as hell in there,he slapped late in his career due to a lot of hand injuries but damn those slaps messed alot of people up look at lacy and Roy after the fight,He wore Hopkins down and put on 1 hell of a performance against Kessler.Dude was the truth and a warrior in the ring.he earned my respect

he's the only guy i've seen hurt kessler other than allan green.

he hurt him really bad to the body.

Comment

Working...
                      X