Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Floyd Mayweather...................

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiyoko View Post
    If Floyd gives Marquez the pound for pound fighter who many believe beat Manny and does that in an aunprecedented fashion.Let's say its a repeat of Gatti until Marquez's corner throws in the towel what will you think of Floyd Mayweather? How will you rate him against Pacquio and in the pound for pound rankings.
    If he is to be ranked p4p again it would solely be based on prior achievements. Beating a 35 year old superfeatherweight convincingly will not be a surprise coming at the hands of a top WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Luis12 View Post
      why u want/need all those skills if u don't prove it against the best??
      Who did Cotto and Pac beat that are the best??

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        THe problem is, Pac has proven himself beyond 140lbs...

Even though it is Floyd, a great fighter... if he dismantles JMM, most people will look to the fact that he was unproven past 135... and damn near taken out by Juan Diaz...

People forget Juan Diaz almost had him out of there twice, JMM pulled through with a great victory so credit to him..

I suppose to answer your question, if that were to happen I would no longer question any ring rust from Floyd, as it will still take him being on point to "Gatti" JMM...

He would be p4p #2 IMO
        Very true. if Marques's Chin can hold up he will do just fine. And all credit will go to mayweather for the win.

It all depends on how he looks

Comment

Originally posted by GunStar View Post
          pac became the only 4 div lineal champ ...you know what alineal champ is,dont you?

Comment

Pac beat marquez Morales barrera numerous times

and Cotto defeated Clottey and Mosley.

Really who has floyd beaten?

Comment

We are talking about boxing skills, even Ray Charles can tell you Fraud is better then Pac.

Beating a washed up fighters does not make you the best of the decade, sorry it just doesn't work like that.
              I'm a supporter of Mayweather. Pacquiao hasn't beat up on any greater a number of washed-up fighters than Floyd.

At the point of Pacquiao turning over Cotto, he will clearly have usurped Mayweather on accomplishments, and that makes up for whatever differential in perceived technical completeness would remain between the 2. Pacquiao keeps getting better and better anyway, a win over Cotto would be yet more evidence of his constant improvement and augmenting of his skillset - at that stage, when Pacquiao will have done what Mayweather didn't and was called on to do (step up and beat a beast, in Cotto, who should be considered the best welterweight around right now), who is to say such a great skill differential remains anymore? Skills have to be backed up by a test of those skills. Not to say that Floyd's haven't been tested, but Manny's certainly will have been tested more greatly. And it's a combination of ability and using it which will make either one of these guys the best of their era.

Although Floyd could claw it back with a win over Pacman.
              And that's what would make a Pac-Mayweather fight so interesting to me. It would be a unique test of where Manny's at, and any eventual outcome would be in no way attributable to such impure factors as weight and would hinge purely on skills. IMO.
              Last edited by MACAQUEINBLACK; 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                pac became the only 4 div lineal champ ...you know what alineal champ is,dont you?
                And what divisions was that exactly?

Comment

it would be more impressive if Floyd were to give a Gatti like beating to someone that he isn't incredibly favored over such as Cotto or Mosley.

Floyd fans want to make in the GOAT just from beating someone who has never fought at the weight they will fight in. It doesnt work that way. Good win? Yes, but not better than a win over Mosley or Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                    I'm glad that now, all of a sudden, magically, out of the blue, beating Lineal champions count. I guess it just depends who beat the Lineal champ, not who you beat to be the Lineal champion?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                      I'm glad that now, all of a sudden, magically, out of the blue, beating Lineal champions count. I guess it just depends who beat the Lineal champ, not who you beat to be the Lineal champion?
                      Well, I can tell you beating Carlos Baldomir for a lineal belt isn't something Boxing fans or experts are going to relive in their memory for years to come, but somehow many Floyd fans look at it as an incredible accomplishment.

Goes both ways

Comment

Working...
                      X