No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Fully Focused To Continue Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Did you see that new house he just bought??? This is the time to really cash in on his recent win. You only get so many chances to make millions upon millions of dollars in your lifetime.
    Marquez himself said he knows he is playing with fire. He could get hurt very badly, especially at his age.

He is an accountant, he is good with money (which he has certainly made a lot of), and he has a family. Money shouldn't be his priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Marquez himself said he knows he is playing with fire. He could get hurt very badly, especially at his age.

He is an accountant, he is good with money (which he has certainly made a lot of), and he has a family. Money shouldn't be his priority.
      Wow, never knew he was an accountant. Hopefully he's invested his money in successful businesses like Sergio Martinez.

Of course I don't want to see him get a serious injury, just saying, now's the time to really cash in.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        Wow, never knew he was an accountant. Hopefully he's invested his money in successful businesses like Sergio Martinez.

Of course I don't want to see him get a serious injury, just saying, now's the time to really cash in.
        Perhaps you're right. From a legacy point of view though, retiring now would be the perfect end to his career. I can't really think of a more Hollywood-esque ending to an ATG's career.

Comment

jmm could carry his momentum from the pacqauio fight and try the rematch with mayweather...dont see any other option besides another pacquaio fight

if he pulls a hopkins and takes saul alvarez to school and takes mexico over, that would be a great retirement
          ...too much weight difference tho
          Last edited by Journeyman; 01-30-2013, 11:39 PM.

Comment

His wife just wants more money. Of course, she is not the one getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
              His wife just wants more money. Of course, she is not the one getting hit.
              Pretty much this. It's always a woman behind these decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Perhaps you're right. From a legacy point of view though, retiring now would be the perfect end to his career. I can't really think of a more Hollywood-esque ending to an ATG's career.
                True. I can tell you're a huge JMM fan, so from your point of view, I feel you.

Me, not as much. I'm in the camp of give Manny a rematch. Also, make as much money as you can.

Comment

the money and his position are too good for him to retire right now..

Comment

Huge mistake. If he beats Manny again most people will say Manny was done anyways. No way he can have a more dramatic and memorable win than the last fight. And if he loses? Yeah, I don't support this. I like it when a fighter goes out on top. Marquez risks it all and gains nothing. Well, besides likely his biggest ever payday. Ah, I get it now. Carry on.

Comment

I'd rather he clean up 140 and retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X