Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's comeback fight - Who should it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kell Brook obviously. Best welterweight in the world

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      I like Lara and Kell Brook.

Probably would be Garcia unless Brook makes noise soon.
      Lara would be a helluva stinker

Comment

Either Danny Garcia, Pacquiao if his Senate plans don't get in the way, or GGG if he fights and beats Canelo later this year.

Comment

There's no way Mayweather fights GGG; that would go against the whole "fight boxers when they're not at their best" model he's had for years now.

The only realistic fights for Mayweather are:

1. Canelo - I have a hard time seeing this fight, unless Canelo shows weakness versus Khan. Why? Same reason as GGG.

2. Cotto - If Cotto wins the Canelo rematch, he would make a lot of sense for a Mayweather rematch. Then again, I think Mayweather may end up fearing Cotto, as well. Cotto may not be in his prime, but he can definitely beat anyone, on any given night.

3. Pacquiao - The most realistic out of the three, but, unfortunately, Pacquiao needs to have a great performance to convince casual fans to buy this again. With Pacquiao being "retired," how is this going to happen? I suppose there's still enough money in the fight, even without convincing casual fans, to make it.

A Garcia fight is not worth 100 million, unless someone's just giving the money away, like with Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
            GGG won't bring you that type of money. He's a good HBO after dark guy, but not a PPV draw.
            PPV's aren't all about two individual draws. Its definitely a good thing to have, but its not the most important selling point.

Its the matchup that can sell well, granted at least one fighter is a PPV star, and the other is seen to be a huge threat, especially to someone like Floyd. Floyd-GGG would sell like crazy, because Floyd would be close to an underdog and would have to go through adversity (in size disadvantage) to win. You'd either be crazy or biased to admit otherwise

Comment

He's most likely to return vs Garcia. He has always gone for WBC belts, and even fought a WBC mandatory. The WBC bend over backwards for him

Comment

I'm certain Floyd will return, though, eventually. There's no way he'll stay retired, with the way he blows money. The question will be, "What's the best risk vs reward fight?" Once someone meets his requirements, the return is on.

On a side note, why did someone bother with red K-ing me like crazy for my previous Mayweather post? Am I saying something that's not the truth? lol. Luckily for me, though, I don't care what color that line is. If you'd like to debate Mayweather's career, however, I'm all for it. Everyone knows what Mayweather's done, and there is no way Mayweather can erase it.

Comment

A grizzly bear that hasn't eaten in a week

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

The GGG stuff is "CUTE" but not realistic at all
                    Not realistic?? As everyone can recall, the greatest fighter of this generation,Pacquiao, has moved up and fought in how many different weight classes? Be honest with yourself, Mayweather doesn't have the balls to do what Pacquiao has done. Instead he has taken the easy road during the 2nd half of his career, which, has tainted Mayweather's chance at being the GOAT. Any real fan, who's breath doesn't reek of mayweathers ballbag knows the truth.

Fight GGG or stay in the closet, Floyd

Comment

I want GGG or Pac....unfortunately I think he is gonna come back and win an easy 12-0 decision over Danny.

If Garcia and Brook agreed to fight and the winner of that fight agreed to fight the Thurman/Porter winner...then the winner would be a great and worthy opponent for Floyd. But we all know that's not gonna happen even though it's how it should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X