No announcement yet.

Is Murray really GGG's best test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Murray really GGG's best test?

Why are some fans acting like Murray is going to give GGG a tough fight? What does he brings to the table that others haven't? He is solid but not really an A fighter. Yes he beat an over the hill Martinez(which over the hill Cotto embarrased). My problem with Murray is how active he is(or isn't) in the ring. I don't believe he will be letting his hands go as often as he will need to in order to make a competitive fight. You can beat GGG by outboxing him using a lot of movement while scoring with precise punches or........by overwhelming him with pressure and power(very hard to do considering GGG's power). Murray brings none to the table. This thread is not intended to overhype GGG(although I do belive he has tons of potential) or to take away anything from Murray. I just believe this will be another NSB classic.....

Before the fight..."Murray is the toughest test"

After the fight... "Murray is a bum"
    Last edited by Basco; 02-08-2015, 08:38 PM.

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    Why are some fans acting like Murray is going to give GGG a tough fight? What does he brings to the table that others haven't? He is solid but not really an A fighter. Yes he beat an over the hill Martinez(which over the hill Cotto embarrased). My problem with Murray is how active he is(or isn't) in the ring. I don't believe he will be letting his hands go as often as he will need to in order to make a competitive fight. You can beat GGG by outboxing him using a lot of movement while scoring with precise punches or........by overwhelming him with pressure and power(very hard to do considering GGG's power). Murray brings none to the table. This thread is not intended to overhype GGG(although I do belive he has tons of potential) or to take away anything from Murray. I just believe this will be another NSB classic.....

Before the fight..."Murray is the toughest test"

After the fight... "Murray is a bum"
    Murray is yet another guy GGG knows can't hurt him.

He stays cover up too long.

Watch him get blasted out like the can he is.

Comment

Nobody thinks a come forward puncher such as Murray is a challenge for Golovkin. Check the prediction thread.

That said, Golovkin is making a good move fighting Murray. He's putting himself in position to win all the hardware in the MW class. A win puts more pressure on Cotto to fight GGG or vacate the lineal title.

Comment

On paper he is, but the same was said with Rubio and Geale.

If Golovkin wins by early to mid KO, Murray is a bum and doesn't have a pulse.

If Golovkin KO's Murray late, Golovkin is a bum for not getting him out earlier.

And God forbid this fight goes the distance, 850 threads about how GGGs power is overrated despite Murray never being KOd before, Cotto fans would erupt with an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and countless threads of "Cotto would embarrass Golovkin! threads would be made.

Comment

He beat Martinez in Argentina so yea...

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
            He beat Martinez in Argentina so yea...
            So what....Margarito beat Martinez.

Knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              On paper he is, but the same was said with Rubio and Geale.

If Golovkin wins by early to mid KO, Murray is a bum and doesn't have a pulse.

If Golovkin KO's Murray late, Golovkin is a bum for not getting him out earlier.

And God forbid this fight goes the distance, 850 threads about how GGGs power is overrated despite Murray never being KOd before, Cotto fans would erupt with an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and countless threads of "Cotto would embarrass Golovkin! threads would be made.
              Totally in agreement with you!

Comment

Macklin was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Geale was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Rubio was at least durable who could give him rounds, but guess what? Turns out he was a bum. As of now Murray is his biggest test, but soon will be a bum.

Heck I'll take it a step further because in a perfect world this is what people will be saying before the end of the year....

"Cotto was over the hill"
                "Cotto was too small"
                "Cotto was shopworn from all his wars"

Ward is the only fighter were I think a majority of BS will stand up and give him his due if he were to win.

Comment

He might be the best fighter GGG has ever fought. So what. He still will get KOed in 5 rounds or less. Geale was a very high rated middleweight and he was slaughtered in I think it was 3 rounds. The best middleweights in the world that GGG hasn't already knocked out will get knocked out by GGG if they show Murray's courage and fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                    Macklin was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Geale was his biggest test, then he was a bum. Rubio was at least durable who could give him rounds, but guess what? Turns out he was a bum. As of now Murray is his biggest test, but soon will be a bum.

Heck I'll take it a step further because in a perfect world this is what people will be saying before the end of the year....

"Cotto was over the hill"
                    "Cotto was too small"
                    "Cotto was shopworn from all his wars"

Ward is the only fighter were I think a majority of BS will stand up and give him his due if he were to win.

I don't know of any people who expected Rubio to last long or provide a test in that fight. I sure as hell didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X