No announcement yet.

James Kirkland vs Canelo Alvarez Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kirkland vs Canelo Alvarez Discussion

I think Canelo is going to be the favorite in many eyes. I honestly dont. Kirklands chin isnt as **** as its made out to be and Canelos powers is not top notch by any degree.

I see this as a 55-45 fight in favor of Kirkland. Of course it depends on what Kirkland shows up. He's really only not shown up a couple times. Once without Wolfe and the other time against the hugger Molina. A fight in which he had a torn shoulder and still won. Was going to win by KO before the ref screwed him.

Either way my official vote is for Kirkland late rd tko. Ill take 2-1 odd bets.
    Kirkland KO/TKO
    16.03%
    Canelo KO/TKO
    69.87%
    Kirkland Decision
    1.92%
    Canelo Decision
    10.90%
    Draw (im to big of a derp to commit to a decision)
    1.28%

The poll is expired.

I'd give an active Kirkland a much better chance of winning. Right know i'd say it's 80-20 in Canelo's favor.
    Last edited by BOXEO _; 02-08-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

And yes he does his best with Ann Wolfe but that still wasn't enough to beat Molina. So take that for what it's worth.
      Last edited by BOXEO _; 02-08-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Imagine Canelo loses to an inactive Kirkland. I won't stop laughing.

With that said, I think Canelo knocks him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
          I think Canelo is going to be the favorite in many eyes. I honestly dont. Kirklands chin isnt as **** as its made out to be and Canelos powers is not top notch by any degree.

I see this as a 55-45 fight in favor of Kirkland. Of course it depends on what Kirkland shows up. He's really only not shown up a couple times. Once without Wolfe and the other time against the hugger Molina. A fight in which he had a torn shoulder and still won. Was going to win by KO before the ref screwed him.

Either way my official vote is for Kirkland late rd tko. Ill take 2-1 odd bets.
          I agree with the bolded.
          Yes he got KO"d but lets put it into context. He had been released from Jail and was fighting his 3rd fight in a month span. He was probably exhausted and didn't have the best training or mindset for that fight.

Dismissing that fight, let's not forget that Kirkland took heavy shots from Angulo and kept coming. He also took heavy punches from Joel Julio and didn't flinch.

A motivated Kirkland is a dangerous thing. I see the fight going deep into the late rounds with a few knockdowns by both. 55/45 in favor of Nelo.
          Last edited by JJRod; 02-08-2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Imagine Canelo loses to an inactive Kirkland. I won't stop laughing.

With that said, I think Canelo knocks him out.
            If he loses who cares. The dude went out and fought a tough opponent. Kirkland is no push over. Obsession over losses here in NSB are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              If he loses who cares. The dude went out and fought a tough opponent. Kirkland is no push over. Obsession over losses here in NSB are ridiculous.
              Canelo could get knocked out cold in the middle of the ring and still win 120-108.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Canelo could get knocked out cold in the middle of the ring and still win 120-108.
                Maybe. But at least Nelo takes the fights.
                The two dudes in your profile pic, wished they had a guy like Nelo in their division. Then they wouldn't be waiting on May or LSC to grow balls and fight them.

Comment

I just heard on Golpe A Golpe that Kirkland is at 200+ pounds at the moment. They were talking about how how he has to lose over 50 pounds in 4 months. Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

I don't see why Canelo can't win the fight, he's the stronger, more skilled, and tougher fighter. Kirkland hits the deck in every other fight but he's still a live dog who let's his hands go. It's just Canelo is that good and it makes his naysayers sick to their stomach. They want him to suck, they want him to lose, it's glorious how's he's reached these Heights of hate up there with Money May, Manny Pac, and King Khan. It comes with the territory.

Comment

Working...
                    X