Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao retires, who would you rate as the top 3 opponents of his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Gamblin'
    Drinkin'
    and
    Whorin'

I dunno man, I think those whores were past their prime.

Comment

Clottey, Margarita, Mosely

Comment

1. Olympic
        2. Style
        3. Tests

Comment

Morales

Barrera

Oscar

Pac is still 2-1-1 against JMM

Comment

Well, the biggest wins he has on his resume are Barrera, Morales, & Marquez. Those four guys are the Fab-Four for the 2000 period.

Comment

I don't know but it seems like my thread has been misunderstood. I don't mean his best wins because of name recognition or the opponent's resume. What I mean is the three that performed the best and had good results against Pacquiao.

Comment

Ok, this was a double post. Anyway, who are, to you, the ones that gave Pacquiao the toughest times? Select three.
                Last edited by Exciterx30; 12-10-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
                  I think the first two choices are obvious, based on results and competitiveness. The third one is up for debate. Anyway, here's my list:

1. Márquez - He went 1-2-1 against Pacquiao (some would argue that he might have won, at least, two of the fights), won more rounds against him than anybody, and stopped him while Pacquiao was still considered a top 3 P4P fighter.

2. Morales - He went 1-2 against Pacquiao and was the only one, between 2005 and 2012, to hold a legit, clear win over him. Morales also gave a really good fight in the rematch although the third fight was disappointing. Still, Morales proved his worth and his 2005 win is still legendary.

3. Cotto - Okay, Cotto was dominated throughout the second half of the fight but the first six rounds were some of the most action packed of Pacquiao's career. I would say this is debatable, but I think Cotto was the toughest of the bigger guys that Pacquiao faced. Cotto won a few early rounds and outboxed him in spots.

I know the third choice is not a sure thing, but the first two should be, more or less, consensus picks. Post yours.
                  Cotto dont count because of the CW and the fact that Manny wanted him first choice to fight again , Cotto said yes and Manny ducked the fight because of weight , which PROVES Manny knew the first CW weakened him ., because its the same fighter right , wrong and Manny knows it .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Cotto dont count because of the CW and the fact that Manny wanted him first choice to fight again , Cotto said yes and Manny ducked the fight because of weight , which PROVES Manny knew the first CW weakened him ., because its the same fighter right , wrong and Manny knows it .
                    I am referring to how the fights went. Cotto, catchweight or not, was very competitive during the early rounds. That's why I picked him for the third spot.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                      Accomplishments wise Oscar would be #1.

In what world does Oscar have a better resume than Marquez, Barrera or Morales?

Comment

Working...
                      X