Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Barrera, Morales, Marquez were straw weights/super flies.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Barrera, Morales, Marquez were straw weights/super flies.....

You guys think they could've gone through Ricardo Lopez's resume undefeated?

strawweight is a historically very "weak" division because not a lot of pple weigh 105 pounds or whatever the limit is. If I am not mistaken Ricardo Lopez had the opportunity to move up in weight and prove himself against the best of a higher weight class, but Lopez chose not to.

Comment

Finito Lopez was a level above all three of them in my opinion.

Comment

Yes.

And with ease.

Comment

You would have seen a series similar to Carbajal-Gonzalez between them. Don't act like Finito was the only noteworthy fighter in recent memory at those weights, they have been very competitive at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            You would have seen a series similar to Carbajal-Gonzalez between them. Don't act like Finito was the only noteworthy fighter in recent memory at those weights, they have been very competitive at times.

that's why Finito never moved up

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              that's why Finito never moved up
              Most likely either one would have beaten him. Not a matter of lacking in skills, just those guys were hall of famers too and much larger. Finito was a small strawweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                Most likely either one would have beaten him. Not a matter of lacking in skills, just those guys were hall of famers too and much larger. Finito was a small strawweight.

i can see him squeaking by Chiquita but having a harder time against CArbajal..but yea, both were more than capable of beating Finito

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i can see him squeaking by Chiquita but having a harder time against CArbajal..but yea, both were more than capable of beating Finito
                  I agree that Carbajal would do better as he was the stronger and longer of the two. He could bully him with such a huge power advantage. The only time we saw Finito struggle was in a similar situation. Unfortunately I doubt many in here know who either are.

Comment

Working...
                  X