Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the reason mayweather has high ppv numbers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There isn't a reason~

There are a number or reasons that all essentially pull in the same direction, which gives him a very broad base for lack of a better term "support".

Some include:
    He is an excellent fighter
    He has been around for a long time
    He has good management
    He is good at promoting himself outside the ring keeping
    He is good at promoting himself in a boxing sense

On top of that he creates real strong feelings in people so either love him or hate him people want to see him, seriously people who enjoy him obviously want to watch him but the people that can't stand him have to watch because they do not want to miss the moment he slips up. It is real hard to pull off such a thing and I still don't get how exactly he did it because he is not a very good speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
      what do people believe is the main reason pbf has high ppv numbers ? i maintain that its because a large part of the buyers do not like him and pay to see him get beat !!! in fact that a good a##whipping thats the only reason i would buy his fights , although after the ortiz joke i wouldnt pay again for anything he does.
      you can tell yourself that all u want but soon as he slap them gloves on u will tune in, people do want him to loose but way more want him to win so those same fans that want him to loose buys his fights over and over because they hadnt found the right boxer to do that yet and honestly from a boxing fan i dont think he will ever loose unless he just goes in there and fight a guy way bigger at there own weight class kind of like hopkins and trinidad where his power want be a factor at

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
        what do people believe is the main reason pbf has high ppv numbers ? i maintain that its because a large part of the buyers do not like him and pay to see him get beat !!! in fact that a good a##whipping thats the only reason i would buy his fights , although after the ortiz joke i wouldnt pay again for anything he does.
        Actually Pac has the most viewers. Look it up.

Floyds fight usually sell for more though cos he rips people off n doesnt care about boxing fans.

Comment

hell the mayweather fans get really pissed off when you actually say something bad about him !!!! and to be called noob etc is insulting i dont know about them but ive watched and followed boxing for 30 plus years and watched countless fights and fighters i do like to think i know something ?? can i make this big point to me YOU DONT NEED TO BE AN A##HOLE TO SELL TICKETS AND BE POPULAR !!! pac shows class and respect as did many others who were loved and respected , mayweather is good enough as a fighter to be popular without all the attitude etc.

Comment

muhammad ali once said 100% of people want to watch me fight, but 99% want to see me get whooped bc they think i talk too much. It's not just his talent, Floyd fights get hyped on the local news everywhere, old women know who he is. Is it bc of dancing with the stars? Is it his exposure? The point is he gets more publicity than any other fighter really of this generation and will continue to do so. The floyd fans are stupid comment was wrong, unnecessary and pretty ridiculous as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M4RK View Post
              Actually Pac has the most viewers. Look it up.

Floyds fight usually sell for more though cos he rips people off n doesnt care about boxing fans.
              That is a bold faced lie. There is a reason Pac's PPV numbers haven't been released in a longgg time. Also how'd Mayweather-Cotto do vs Bradley-Pac? I will wait for your response. Pac hasn't had CONFIRMED numbers in a while. Arum says it sold this much, and everyone believes what Arum says right? Oh wait..

Comment

Sorry had to do it for you... 750k for bradley-pac... 1.5mil for cotto-mayweather...

edit: Oh also wanted to add pac sells out all his fights? Bradley-Pac didn't sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
                  He's also embedded himself into his celebrity status using social media, mug shots on the front page of TMZ, throwing wild fits, long rap sheet etc. Pac doesn't have to do those things.

If you go into google and type both Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, Pac actually has way more results under his name than Floyd, and that's in the US
                  i see that chick got banned...must be that time of the month for her dirty ass....she was ok until the bold...thats when she took off her panties and showed her tight lil' vagina

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    That is a bold faced lie. There is a reason Pac's PPV numbers haven't been released in a longgg time. Also how'd Mayweather-Cotto do vs Bradley-Pac? I will wait for your response. Pac hasn't had CONFIRMED numbers in a while. Arum says it sold this much, and everyone believes what Arum says right? Oh wait..

PPV is only based on US numbers ..but globally , he's not really known..you have to be exciting like mike , charismatic like ali to be a global star like them ...floyd is neither...

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      i see that chick got banned...must be that time of the month for her dirty ass....she was ok until the bold...thats when she took off her panties and showed her tight lil' vagina
                      you sure you aint describing yourself mr " i love everything black and hate everything not"?... ...

Comment

Working...
                      X