Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Review) Dark Souls is a breath of fresh air....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Review) Dark Souls is a breath of fresh air....

I. Introduction

I have heard a ton of hype about this game and never really understood why it was so popular...seemed cheesy, overly difficult, and far too asian for my liking....

boy was I wrong

I played Demon Souls....for like 1 hour....returned it to gamestop and got another game...it was frustrating and I couldnt get past how HARD it was. It seemed unnatural and ridiculous....i regret i did this now

II. Plot

NO SPOILERS HERE, OK TO READ.

The games plot is fairly thin, but thats ok because its not really needed. However i do love the fact that it doesnt matter. Also, that you learn it as you go. The game is what you make it. If you take time to talk to people and explore you will learn more about the game...if you just want to kill ****...it aint gonna ruin the experience. The game is all about gameplay (SEGWAY!)

III. Gameplay

I just want to start out and say this game is HARD.....no....like REALLY F'ING HARD. You will die....a lot.....then you will die some more. But as frustrating as it is....it gives you emotions you have never felt from a game. I can remember times im running around with a **** ton of souls and i come to a door way and i have to question whether to push on...or back track to a bonfire...only to fight all those people over again. The decisions you make are based on survival and little else...its a very, very stressful thing. No other boss battle in the history of my existence has made me jump up out of my seat, screaming, and high fiving all of my friends who are over having a beer......that is what makes dieing ok.....the joy of overcoming daunting odds to kill a giant/monster/dragon/whatever.

IV. Conclusion

BUY THIS GAME

BUY THIS GAME

BUY THIS GAME

Learn the controls, push through the frustration, and BE PATIENT. This is one of the most rewarding games i have EVER played. I cant stress enough how much i love this game. The depth of the game is unmatched in todays markets. I cant think of another game that was this well thought out and hit every mark it wanted to hit. I cant think of one draw back other than framerate here or there in one level. This is arguably one of the best games ever made, please dont miss out on this experience.

and buy a strategy guide....you WILL need it

Comment

man i got demon soulds very cheap, and the frustration killed me

like after losing 200,000 sould u really just wanna cry, but u suck it up and try to regain them back, while in a bad mood of course and u get reckless and die
      i gave up and went to gamefaqs and the game was more fun when i learned how to improve my magic, it got even greater when i discovered the dupping glitch, no longer was i afraid of dying or black phantoms, the game just got way more awesome

But that was demon souls where in order to beat a level u had to put at least over 40 mins on it, that means if u get killed on the boss there's 40 mins wasted which is extremely frustrating when u only have like 2 hours to play b4 school

Comment

I can't link you to the Dark Souls thread because the Search Function isn't working correctly atm.

some of us have already conquered these games but you're right, Demons/Dark Souls is different from what's out there, they do make/break players fast.

Comment

so your saying its about as hard as the average NES game?

Comment

One of the hardest games I have ever played most likely the hardest, still haven't completed all of it im most of the way through thinking i might pick it up again when the DLC comes out and clock it once and for all.

Comment

Yes, the more Dark Souls fans the better!

It's absolutely worth it, if you like the style of game.

Comment

The game is what you make it. If you take time to talk to people and explore you will learn more about the game...if you just want to kill ****...it aint gonna ruin the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire63 View Post
                  The game is what you make it. If you take time to talk to people and explore you will learn more about the game...if you just want to kill ****...it aint gonna ruin the experience.
                  During my time playing the game I didn't actually find many npc's to talk to the occasional one here and there most offering me the chance to join there covenants and the guys who come around the camp fire near the start. Lot less than most RPG games.

Comment

Cant wait to play this game......

Comment

Working...
                    X