Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180 lbs is not huge but it is certainly big enough. if you let him pound on your face you'd eventually go out or get busted up, but you are in ZERO danger of getting turned into jello with one punch just because calderon is a professional and you are not.
    calderon isnt much more than 5 feet tall. he topped out at 108 lbs. he's one of the lightest punching champions of all time in any weight class.

i've never been around calderon but i've been around pros as small as flyweight. many FWs and BWs.

they are tiny. just tiny.

now, if you are going 12 rounds and fighting a larger guy (say paulie malinaggi in his prime. not a big puncher.) and he's actually training, getting paid good money, motivated, you are probably getting stopped. 12 rounds is a long time to protect yourself against a top flight professional

i sat next to paulie at a fight in connecticut. he's not big, but he's a normal sized dude. at 180 lbs you'd be in danger fighting him.

now, we put you in there wtih julian jackson (arguably the hardest puncher ever p4p, topped out at MW,) and you're going to have a headache for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
      Having a discussion and my opinion is that the 1ft and 80lbs weight advantage is way too much... I have a few years of sparring behind me but no amateur or professional pedigree...

Also what about Mallignagi? I think he would UD me but I doubt he would KO me.. I think there is more chance of me KO'ing him than him KO'ing me as I think 4 stone is too much to give away to someone in good shape and with a decent boxing knowledge and fundamentals
      One way to know this is to check your punch resistance. Try punching lightly yourself on the chin. If you feel some brain scrambling even in a slight punch then imagine yourself taking those hard shots.

Comment

I think they could both hurt you over 12 rounds. Im not sure how well you take a punch or how strong you are mentally when you are getting beating up to know if they could stop you, but I think they could hurt you even with your height and weight advantage. I'm 6ft2 and just over 200lbs and I'm also in good shape and i think they would have me in all sorts of trouble over 12 rounds. Im pretty sure over 1 round they wouldn't stop either of us, but who really knows?!?!

Comment

funny thing is u think they wont stop u but u aint a boxer none the less a world champion i think paulie and calderon will run thru u like u was a fine thick puerto rican *****

u will not give paulie/calderon any fear, they will school u and drop u quick brah

Comment

Malignaggi is a welterweight which means he would kill you. Calderon would stop you as well in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              180 lbs is not huge but it is certainly big enough. if you let him pound on your face you'd eventually go out or get busted up, but you are in ZERO danger of getting turned into jello with one punch just because calderon is a professional and you are not.
              calderon isnt much more than 5 feet tall. he topped out at 108 lbs. he's one of the lightest punching champions of all time in any weight class.

i've never been around calderon but i've been around pros as small as flyweight. many FWs and BWs.

they are tiny. just tiny.

now, if you are going 12 rounds and fighting a larger guy (say paulie malinaggi in his prime. not a big puncher.) and he's actually training, getting paid good money, motivated, you are probably getting stopped. 12 rounds is a long time to protect yourself against a top flight professional

i sat next to paulie at a fight in connecticut. he's not big, but he's a normal sized dude. at 180 lbs you'd be in danger fighting him.

now, we put you in there wtih julian jackson (arguably the hardest puncher ever p4p, topped out at MW,) and you're going to have a headache for the rest of your life.
              I picked those 2 particular boxers because they aren't renowned punchers... I have a decent chin and mentally I'm the most stubborn single minded person I know.. I would have to be carried out on a streatcher before anyone beat me.. I'm pretty certain that no one at 5ft and 7 stone lighter than me isn't knocking me out... Malignaggi might get me out of there on accumulated punishment but I thought that with a 4 stone weight advantage and a highly bigger muscle mass I would have a decent punchers chance against him... Everyone seems to disagree with me so I must be wrong... But again I find it very unlikely that a 5ft 104lbs guy floors me

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                I picked those 2 particular boxers because they aren't renowned punchers... I have a decent chin and mentally I'm the most stubborn single minded person I know.. I would have to be carried out on a streatcher before anyone beat me.. I'm pretty certain that no one at 5ft and 7 stone lighter than me isn't knocking me out... Malignaggi might get me out of there on accumulated punishment but I thought that with a 4 stone weight advantage and a highly bigger muscle mass I would have a decent punchers chance against him... Everyone seems to disagree with me so I must be wrong... But again I find it very unlikely that a 5ft 104lbs guy floors me
                listen buddy, everybody is tough on the internet. go to a local gym and spar with a decent, experienced welterweight . Im sure he s gonna beat the crap out of you

Comment

i dont care if u was 220 pounds, u have no muscle on your temple and chin,

they would drop u and if not Ko u u will quit just off pure exhaustion

Comment

I think they'd probably could, especially Paulie

Either way, they'd embarrass you for 12 rounds. The closest you'd get to hitting Ivan would be the glove tap.

Comment

This guy sounds like Charlie zelenoff

Comment

Working...
                      X