No announcement yet.

Kotelnik elevated to number 3 JWW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benavidez Mafia View Post
    I love boxing scene after fights because you know people are going to overrate fighters.

He's not in the top 5 after this fight. Marcos, Ortiz, Khan, Devon, Bradley, are still ranked higher than him.
    lol

Originally posted by timba View Post
    1)Bradley
    2)Khan
    3)Kotelnik
    4)Maidana
    5)Alexander

I expected Alexander to KO Kotelnik late in the fight, or at least win a wide decision. In the end, Alexander won a wide decision, but the truth is Kotelnik won the fight.

After Khan defeated Kotelnik, I didn't feel as if Kotelnik was anything special. He looked slow and deliberate rarely coming out of his shell. However, I can now see that the reason because of this is that Khan neutralised all of Kotelnik's tools and took away his jab - his main weapon. This made Kotelnik look worse than he really is.

After tonight's fight, I have a new found respect for Kotelnik. He beat up and bloodied, a tough and talented unified champion who was billed as a future p4p champion, and looked very impressive doing it. He is certainly a top 3 JWW after Bradley and Khan.

I would love to see Kotelnik fight Bradley next. I think it would be a close fight and he would pose some serious problems to Bradley with his jab and straight right hand. Plus, he deserves a fat pay cheque after tonight's atrocious decision.
    That top 5 is how i'd have it

Comment

khan
      kotelnik
      bradley
      maidana
      alexander

Comment

kotelnik is one of the best at 140 for sure. he's fought 3 out of the top 4 guys at 140 and beaten 2 of them. not to mention he was ripped off vs mbaye and witter.

Comment

Kotelnik has beaten 2 of the top 4 LWW's. And they used to call this guy a bum

Comment

Working...
          X