Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgos/Martinez Anyone else not surprised it was close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgos/Martinez Anyone else not surprised it was close?

Im not surprised this was a close fight. The HBO team I think was giving Burgos too much credit like he was totally dominating the fight, i didn't get that. Burgos was landing the cleaner shots but Martinez kept coming pushing the action and was very animated like he was winning and was enjoying the way the fight was going.

You're certainly in the minority with this one.

I said just after the result was announced that theres always the few on Boxingscene that'll agree with the result, its just the way it goes. Same with Pacquiao-Bradley, though that was worse given it was Pacquiao.

Comment

yeah hbo should have given martinez more credit for enjoying himself and being animated since we all know fights are scored on those 2 things.

Comment

Yea im surprised it was a close fight when Burgos clearly won 8 rounds

Comment

Burgos won clearly, coming forward and getting hammered with body shots asking for more is not a scoring criteria but who cares about clean punches landed in boxing anyway.

Comment

I had it 7-5 for Burgos and i'm not complaining about a Draw. I didn't think that was a robbery. The fight was close, fans get too excited either by commentators or something else. I don't let anything at all affect my judgement except the action in the fight. And what I saw was a close fight that Martinez certainly did not win, but let's stop acting like Burgos completely dominated every round and left no room for a round to be stolen by Martinez. A lot of rounds Burgos slacked off in while Martinez was working and working. He kept coming for more and swinging away. Of course the HBO crew like always, can't seem to call a neutral fight, except for Roy Jones and Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I had it 7-5 for Burgos and i'm not complaining about a Draw. I didn't think that was a robbery. The fight was close, fans get too excited either by commentators or something else. I don't let anything at all affect my judgement except the action in the fight. And what I saw was a close fight that Martinez certainly did not win, but let's stop acting like Burgos completely dominated every round and left no room for a round to be stolen by Martinez. A lot of rounds Burgos slacked off in while Martinez was working and working. He kept coming for more and swinging away. Of course the HBO crew like always, can't seem to call a neutral fight, except for Roy Jones and Paulie.
              I agree. There were sitting ringside so I thinking there maybe to see things I am not seeing. I wasn't surprised it was close.

Comment

Like I posted in another thread like this one:

I thought Burgos won but I told the guys in the RBR thread don't be surprised if this fight is actually closer.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I can't see how anyone would've given Rocky more than 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Like I posted in another thread like this one:

I thought Burgos won but I told the guys in the RBR thread don't be surprised if this fight is actually closer.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    That makes no sense.....unless so you expected him to get robbed because the fight wasnt actually closer

Comment

Working...
                    X