Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
    What about Pacquiao? He TKO'd Cotto, something Mayweather couldn't accomplish going up against damaged goods.
    Froch come to mind for me; at first i couldnt stand dude but he willingness to fight anyone has changed that; same goes for Khan

Comment

Tyson Fury...never really hated him just thought he was useless...he's improving and he's growing on me.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        i used to hate floyd but then i realized he's not a fighter.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by Merciless1 View Post
          Back in the day Floyd, B-Hop & Tarver. Hate is too strong a word though. Disliked suited me better.
          the ''it'' movie was just terrible, it didn't live up to the quality of the book IMO

Comment

I used to dislike Froch when he fought nobody and was obsessed with Calzaghe.

Glad he has got over that now.

One of my favourites to watch.

Comment

Not an active fighter but I used to hate Ali. I couldn't stand him, thought he was an arrogant jerk off and thought he was way overrated. Someone got me an ESPN tribute DVD that has over 10 hours fight footage and I watched the whole thing one weekend. Seeing the way that man adapted in his fights really changed my opinion of him. I no longer think he's overrated at all. The best HW ever IMO. Also, there were a lot of interviews I saw with him and I realized that he wasn't as bad as I thought he was. I'm so glad that someone bought me that DVD because it changed my opinion of him so much. This was only a few years ago too.

I used to hate Carl Froch as well but now he's one of my favorite fighters and I always root for him to win.

Comment

Just to name a few, I disliked Hop for beating Trinidad and Hoya. I also disliked Mayweather for beating Gatti and Mosley for beating Hoya.

Now, I highly respect all the names above.

Comment

Mayweather is growing one me I guess, used to hate him but I feel like he's humbling up a little bit. I don't care what he does on his personal life with money or whatnot, but In front of the cameras he's been a bit humble lately I think. It might have been that he realized Cotto wasn't gonna play or fall into any type of stupid antics so he stayed professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by supremelygifted

The Cotto at 154 v.s. 144?

Did you even watch the fight? It was at 145lb. That Cotto was much better before manny slaughtered him.
                    u guys are taking a 145 where cotto was drain n weak

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                      I used to dislike Froch when he fought nobody and was obsessed with Calzaghe.

Glad he has got over that now.

One of my favourites to watch.
                      me too he's probably the one fighter I have done a 180 with

hated his smugness but little by little he became one of my favorites

Comment

Working...
                      X