No announcement yet.

Famous Boxers and Creatine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Boxers and Creatine

Does anybody know of any famous boxers that take creatine and have proof to back it up. thx in advance

Originally posted by Prospekt
    Does anybody know of any famous boxers that take creatine and have proof to back it up. thx in advance
    who cares what famous boxer uses creatine. Are u that famouse boxer? No you are not. Bottome line creatine increases the body't ATP prduction, therefore increasing the time which the body can exert maximum force before relying on the non-oxidatve and oxidative energy systems, therefore increasing power-endurance.I f u know anything about sports conditioning, then u know power-endurance is crucial to success in sports. The only thing about creatine is that it has no long term effect research because it's a relatively new supplement, yet there are no negative side effects form following the guidelines instructed to administer the supplement.

Comment

I don't think many boxers would use creatine. Seeing as it makes you weigh more by retaining water in the body it wouldn't make sense for boxers to take it as they have weight limits to stay under.

Comment

you could always use creatine in training and lay off it for a while before serious sparring or fighting. that way you've had increased energy during your workouts and decreased recovery time without having to worry about excess water weight or dehydration. if you are stocked up with creatine it sucks water out of surrounding tissues into muscle cells increasing size and making it easier get dehydrated and cramp up. i have some in my house but i only used it to begin getting back in shape.. now i dont feel like i need it anymore because i'm eating a lot of meat (which is the naturally occuring source of creatine) skeletal muscle a.k.a. red meat

Comment

your sappost to kind of cycle creatine anyway 4 months on 3 months off

Comment

Originally posted by Prospekt

Mark McQuire the great baseballer used creatine and swore by it. What these guys said is true but they are assuming when mentioning the water and weight. You could be the opposite and need more weight, I do not know. But... Don't get too involved with water weight. Your body only holds so much then you piss and sweat the rest off unless you have a lot of XX fat cells.

Comment

i lost 3 kilos on creatine becos i trained so hard off of it. Doesnt always put on weight.

Comment

Working...
              X