Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROGER MAYWEATHER: Khan Probably BEATS Canelo Because Of His Style & Skills [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROGER MAYWEATHER: Khan Probably BEATS Canelo Because Of His Style & Skills [VIDEO]

Roger Mayweather, with the typically comedic "no love" attitude that he shows for anyone not TMT affiliated:

"I don't think much of these mother****ers but Khan will probably win. Whoever got the best style is going win so Amir Khan will probably win. He got a good jab, keep his ass moving, keep the head moving. He'll beat him."

So there we have it. Props to Roger for giving Khan that respect but you know I got to say I told you so, there's finally some validation straight from the source about what some of us said all along. The Mayweathers always knew Khan had serious skills and they did avoid the fight for a reason. Old news now anyway, what's new is that Roger thinks Khan beats Canelo.. Discuss..

Roger knows. Off camera he told me that Khan beats Floyd. Khan is too fast for floyd, imagine for Canelo. This might be the biggest coward cherry pick gone extremely wrong.

Comment

I obviously need to get to the Mayweather Gym to place a bet with Roger on the Canelo vs Khan fight & with Floyd on the Broner vs Theophane fight.

Comment

Like Hunter said there are 3 key warnings he gave Khan if he is to have success against Canelo
        • He cannot stand on the ropes
        • He cannot reach out and grab him
        • He cannot exchange with him at the wrong time

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Like Hunter said there are 3 key warnings he gave Khan if he is to have success against Canelo
          • He cannot stand on the ropes
          • He cannot reach out and grab him
          • He cannot exchange with him at the wrong time
          Plus I think he shouldn't really even throw a 3 punch (or more) combo other than in the unlikely event that he manages to hurt Canelo and is trying to finish him.

He needs to stick to 1/2s or preferably just potshot for the majority of the fight which is something Floyd and Rigo have done in lots of fights.

Comment

I'm shocked at the number of people giving Khan this much of a chance. And I'm talking fighters and trainers who I respect. They obviously KSAB but I just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Roger Mayweather, with the typically comedic "no love" attitude that he shows for anyone not TMT affiliated:

"I don't think much of these mother****ers but Khan will probably win. Whoever got the best style is going win so Amir Khan will probably win. He got a good jab, keep his ass moving, keep the head moving. He'll beat him."

So there we have it. Props to Roger for giving Khan that respect but you know I got to say I told you so, there's finally some validation straight from the source about what some of us said all along. The Mayweathers always knew Khan had serious skills and they did avoid the fight for a reason. Old news now anyway, what's new is that Roger thinks Khan beats Canelo.. Discuss..
              Please get Amir Khan's **** out of your throat; this **** was funny at first, but now this is getting ridiculous.

Roger, like most trainers in the sport of boxing, likely watched some tape of Alvarez before the fight with Floyd, in addition to experiencing 12 rounds of work against Alvarez when Floyd fought him. Seeing what he's seen, he laid out the tools required to beat Alvarez (good jab, in/out off-beat movement, never leaving your head in the same headslot, keep things up over the full fight). Nothing more, nothing less.

To try and spin that into "of course, The Mayweather's are terrified of 'baby deer' Khan" makes you seem utterly foolish.

Comment

The entire Mayweather camp (outside of Floyd) also picked Cotto to comfortably beat Canelo.

Just for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  I'm shocked at the number of people giving Khan this much of a chance. And I'm talking fighters and trainers who I respect. They obviously KSAB but I just don't see it.
                  Simple boxing basics, tbh; you look at the fights where Saul Alvarez has had any issues (vs Trout, vs Lara, and vs Floyd), you determine what the opponents did that gave them success, and you extrapolate out from there, likely looking back to earlier fights to see if the openings merely came from ingrained bad habits. The biggest commonalities from those fights are that a good jab and never being set(to allow Alvarez the range to let his combos flow) were the aspects that gave Canelo the most trouble.

The main point that seems to get overlooked is that, in most of these case, the fighters/trainers are assuming that Amir Khan is able to fight completely outside of the style/habits that he's had since he was 18 (in addition to assuming that Alvarez hasn't seen his own holes, working on different things in camp to close those holes down).

Amir Khan has never been the guy to land 1, or 2, and move/reset, especially if he's asked to do that for more than 2 rounds; he's going to look for his 3-4 punch combos, often lingering too long, going in/coming out. You add that Alvarez now seems very comfortable with throwing that lead hook to the body(to negate movement from his opponent) and catch/shooting his own offense(into his combos on occasion) and the plan falls apart, rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Please get Amir Khan's **** out of your throat; this **** was funny at first, but now this is getting ridiculous.

Roger, like most trainers in the sport of boxing, likely watched some tape of Alvarez before the fight with Floyd, in addition to experiencing 12 rounds of work against Alvarez when Floyd fought him. Seeing what he's seen, he laid out the tools required to beat Alvarez (good jab, in/out off-beat movement, never leaving your head in the same headslot, keep things up over the full fight). Nothing more, nothing less.

To try and spin that into "of course, The Mayweather's are terrified of 'baby deer' Khan" makes you seem utterly foolish.
                    That's old news anyway, we all know Floyd avoided Khan, he put up a poll for public to choose his next opponent which Khan won, but he fought the loser of the poll Maidana, someone Khan already beat. Doesn't mean he was "terrified", just means he knew Khan was a harder fight than Maidana.

Khan was partly to blame because he kept saying in interviews that he'd try to outbox Floyd, not KO him. Over and over again, he kept giving away that critical element of his game plan which was a big mistake. Floyd may well have fought Khan if he said the reverse, "I can't outbox Floyd, I'm going to KO him". Basically played some mind games. Because if he did try to KO Floyd he would have lost the fight, maybe even got KOd by Floyd. However, a Khan who tries to outbox Floyd is a much riskier proposition, Floyd knew that so he avoided the fight as we all saw.

Comment

Working...
                    X