Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your scorecard for Hopkins-Dawson II? I scored all 12 rounds for Dawson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scored it 11-1. Although 12-0 or 10-2 is plausible in my opinion.

I'm still in awe at how Hopkins can get away with SOOO many fouls and not get even one hard warning, much less a point deduction. Hopkins was hitting Dawson low several times every time he would grab Chad's arm.

I think Hopkins probably landed more illegal shots with the mini low blows and headbutts than clean punches(basically one lunging right hand a round).

Comment

I Gave Hopkins round 3 and 7 but I can see that a couple of other rounds were fairly close if im being generous, but Bad Chad CLEARLY won 8 of the 12 rounds therefore the judge scoring it 114-114 even was absolutely awful in my opinion but at least they didn't give it to bernard I suppose and it won't get talked about that much due to the other judges giving the right scores in my opinion. Chad Dawson didn't look great I agree but not many boxers look great vs a guy that tries to spoil your game and ducks and dodges all the time like Bernard did, none the less I enjoyed the fight but when the guy read the first score 114 114 even my heart was in my mouth, but thanks too the other 2 judges scoring it correctly we have the correct winner in Bad Chad Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
        I scored it 11-1. Although 12-0 or 10-2 is plausible in my opinion.

I'm still in awe at how Hopkins can get away with SOOO many fouls and not get even one hard warning, much less a point deduction. Hopkins was hitting Dawson low several times every time he would grab Chad's arm.

I think Hopkins probably landed more illegal shots with the mini low blows and headbutts than clean punches(basically one lunging right hand a round).
        I think maybe the ref decided against this to try and avoid controversy because soo many people would rant about how the point deductions changed the complexion of the fight and stuff, its better that Chad won without any point deductions it looks better for him.

Comment

Bernard is damn near 50 and it showed. Lots of ducking in with that melon- but without the youth to stay busy enough to win rounds. I gave him 2 rounds, and I was rooting for 'ol B-hop.

Seriously, though, I wasn't excited by Dawson's performance. Should I be? He did enough to win the rounds, put 'em in the bank, and won the fight- but he didn't dominate the old man the way some people were saying he would.

I'm still not sold on Chad being 'Bad', this was his fire in the gut, I-am-fukin-hungry mentality, right? To beat the old cheat?

There was no passing of the torch, no performance against an aging legend that made me reopen the book on Dawson; he's solid, I respect him, and I'll watch him in the future- but I'm still just not that impressed.

Not being a hater....

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
            Bernard is damn near 50 and it showed. Lots of ducking in with that melon- but without the youth to stay busy enough to win rounds. I gave him 2 rounds, and I was rooting for 'ol B-hop.

Seriously, though, I wasn't excited by Dawson's performance. Should I be? He did enough to win the rounds, put 'em in the bank, and won the fight- but he didn't dominate the old man the way some people were saying he would.

I'm still not sold on Chad being 'Bad', this was his fire in the gut, I-am-fukin-hungry mentality, right? To beat the old cheat?

There was no passing of the torch, no performance against an aging legend that made me reopen the book on Dawson; he's solid, I respect him, and I'll watch him in the future- but I'm still just not that impressed.

Not being a hater....
            It's hard to look good against B-Hop.

If you get something going he'll tie you up and hold, as he did several times every round. Chad knew that with his style all he had to do was remain composed and not get bothered by the cheating tactics, which he did and beat Hopkins clearer than anyone ever has.

I can't remember the round, but there was a point that Dawson landed a big shot and Bernard bounced off the ropes and rugby tackled him to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              It's hard to look good against B-Hop.

If you get something going he'll tie you up and hold, as he did several times every round. Chad knew that with his style all he had to do was remain composed and not get bothered by the cheating tactics, which he did and beat Hopkins clearer than anyone ever has.

I can't remember the round, but there was a point that Dawson landed a big shot and Bernard bounced off the ropes and rugby tackled him to the ground.
              Don't get me wrong, I'm giving Chad credit for a 'W', but that wasn't the Hopkins who fought Tarver; that old, ageless wonder. He's only human, and I think his output and legs are suffering. Yeah, I remember the tackle; he's still a crafty fighter- he had no intentions of getting legally knocked down.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                Don't get me wrong, I'm giving Chad credit for a 'W', but that wasn't the Hopkins who fought Tarver; that old, ageless wonder. He's only human, and I think his output and legs are suffering. Yeah, I remember the tackle; he's still a crafty fighter- he had no intentions of getting legally knocked down.
                Yeah, Bernard's age is noticable now.

That's why Pascal was perfect for him, a guy who works in spurts and get's tired. Bernard let Pascal tire himself and then took over, by the middle of the fight he was dominant.

Chad on the other hand doesn't tire, he won the fight with activity. He didn't really have to dip into anything else.

Comment

people can be brainwashed easy......this fight was a DRAW or Hopkins win by 1 point! chad had to TAKE the belt which he DIDN'T! Hopkins made the fight slow and boring which is what he wants, to control the fight. chad hardly landed any punches but the ones Hopkins threw he did land but nothing was said during the commentating...what they want to do is blackball Hopkins out of boxing for bussiness reasons...its not fair. You must respect this man for his accomplishments. chad should be ashamed of himself for not taking control of the fight from a 47 year old man! Andre Ward will defeat chad.

Comment

I gave him 3 but possibly could of won 4. Nothing more than 4 though.

Comment

4 rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X